3-8 Gizmo AMPS=169; +5=53; +10.75=174; PMPS=183; +2=196; +3=124; +4=74; +5=75; +6=76

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Chubba (GA), Mar 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chubba (GA)

Chubba (GA) Well-Known Member

Yesterday

Shot 2.5 units of Lev again this morning. Had trouble with bubbles today, so not sure how much he actually got. :( The vial of insulin had lots of bubbles on top when we opened it and they don’t seem to be going anywhere. I hope I’m not fighting with bubbles with this whole vial.

2. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

That's really odd the vial came with bubbles in it already. :confused: Paws crossed it's not a continuing problem. Nice start for Gizmo, you must be tired, I know I am. Our kitties did well last night. Can't wait to see what the day brings for Gizmo on his new Lev adventure. :cat:

3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hate air bubbles. Maybe you need to talk to the pharmacist and get another vial. I hope Gizmo surfs safely today.

4. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

Yeah, I agree with Carla. Maybe they will exchange

5. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

Glad it was fairly uneventful last night. If he drops again today I might reduce to 2.25u especially since you’re using the AT meter but that’s just me. Not sure about the vial. Surf safely Gizmo

6. Chubba (GA)

. Very. Hope you are able to get some rest today. None for me unfortunately. After work we are taking my son out to eat for his birthday.
    Pharmacy said we had to contact manufacturer. My husband tried but couldn’t get ahold of anyone. Hopefully they will replace.
    Definitely taking a reduction tonight. I need some sleep tonight.

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  7. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

If you do get a hold of them don't say it's for a cat...been there done that. Lantus according to the mfg, is not approved for felines and they won't do a thing.

You both could use a break. Do what you think is best and don't worry about the "rules"....Gizmo is breaking them all at the moment

8. Chubba (GA)

Thanks for the heads up. My husband tried several times today and no answer. :confused: He will try again tomorrow

PMPS = 183
    Shot 2 units
    I know it is a larger than recommended reducie but Gizmo needs a break and I need some sleep tonight. Hopefully he will come down slowly and surf. *paws crossed*

9. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

If you can find someone (hunan) that gets is with a prescription have them exchange it with the pharmacy. My neighbor said she does it with the pens all the time because she gets them that don't work properly (her hubby uses like 2 pens per day).

10. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

But you are using a vile - correct? :banghead:

11. Chubba (GA)

My cousin is diabetic, but i don’t think he uses Lev. :( It is ridiculous that the pharmacy won’t just replace it. I paid for it just the same as a human with a prescription. The manufacturer is supposedly open today, but it is just a machine. This is beyond frustrating. At least it seems to be working.

12. Chubba (GA)

Yes.

LizzieInTexas likes this.
  13. Chubba (GA)

+3 = 124

Got some blood work back Wednesday, but haven’t had a chance to post. T4 is high again and protein in urine. Did another test to determine how much protien. That test and IGF1 will be back tomorrow. Wanted the whole picture because really discussing, but possible early stage kidney failure. Also said numbers indicate possible pancreatitis, but clinical signs aren’t really there (not throwing up constantly), but I wonder if that is why his eating has decreased ... but I would think his BG would rise?

14. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Is it the protein urine/creatinine ratio test you are getting done? Neko had proteinuria. It's a early sign of CKD. She went on benazapril to control it.

Kitties don't necessarily vomit with pancreatitis. But it can cause nausea, thus inappentance. When you get the results back, you might want to discuss nausea meds such as ondansetron or Cerenia. I hope you get some answers. :bighug: P'titis can be painful, but it didn't seem to impact Neko's BG.

Paws crossed for an uneventful night.

You are getting to the size dose where you might want to think pens next time you order insulin.:cool:

15. Chubba (GA)

Yes, that is the test they ran.
    We will definitely ask about the nausea meds when they call with results.
    I know ... I thought of this also. Hope it sticks! :)

16. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I forgot one thing. If the UPCR is higher, you'll want to get a blood pressure check done, if you haven't recently.

Chubba (GA) likes this.
  17. Chubba (GA)

+4 = 74
    2tsp MC given

Was bracing for the lime greens ... this is better, but ... :nailbiting:

18. Girlie's mom

Girlie's mom Well-Known Member

Welcome to Levemir! Numbers are looking very nice... Fingers crossed that it works well for you. Girlie didn't vomit with her pancreatitis (or if it was pancreatitis), but she does go off her food. It's been hard to figure out whether she has pancreatitis, stomach acid, or what, but the Cerenia and the Ondansetron seem to help a lot. I hope you get something to help! :)

Chubba (GA) likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.