3/9 Myagi amps 127, VET VISIT No dx, tx for symptoms for now, +5 84, +8.3 58, pmps 126, +2 123

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Myagi (GA) and Heidi, Mar 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Myagi (GA) and Heidi

Myagi (GA) and Heidi Well-Known Member

3/8/18 thread - Myagi worse, massive support from fdmb Family!

Will put labs and update later as I'm beyond exhausted.

Myagi is definitely feeling better from iv fluids and b12 shot and being back home!
    This morning 20180309_084431.jpg
    This evening (he was smiling his love to you all but the flash went off;):bighug::kiss::bighug:) 20180309_165126.jpg
    So much love and gratitude from me and Myagi to all of you :bighug::bighug::bighug:
    Especially (in No particular order because you are all wonderful beautiful creatures) DCIN, @Chris & China @Stacy & Asia @PussCatPrince @carfurby. @Kris & Teasel. @Alicia & Maggie (GA) @JeffJ @Doodles & Karen @Wendy&Neko and all all all of you!:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

I promise labs And details later. For now we have no dx, but are treating his symptoms and he seems ok with that. :)

Attached Files:

2. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

I've been checking in to see if there was a post from you. I'm glad you have him back home and I hope whatever it is improves quickly.:bighug::bighug::bighug:

JeffJ and Myagi (GA) and Heidi like this.
  3. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

That’s right, Myagi! Keep your head up! :cat:

Thanks for the update, glad he’s perked up a bit and take care of you too, Heidi. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

4. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Glad Myagi is feeling better. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

5. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I've been checking for an update. I'm so glad you were able to get him to the vet. I'm sure he is glad to be back home. I hope you can both get some rest tonight. I hope you get some good results and it is something easily treated. Sending prayers.

6. PussCatPrince - GA

PussCatPrince - GA Well-Known Member

:bighug:Great news my pal. :cat: So pleased & relieved that Myagi has picked up a bit & is feeling better. :bighug:

zzzz myagi & ty.JPG

7. Myagi (GA) and Heidi

Pmps 126, 0.1u, 6c dinner, no miracles (He must have been stress eating earlier), had to syringe feed, only about 10ml chicken baby food and syringe water. He then ate about 1tbs combo baby 6c.

Recap: this morning I couldn't get at his carrier so i put his big behind in millie's tiny little carrier. :eek: he was 142 on my meter at the vet, just showing how depressed and lethargic he was. He also peed in the carrier so bladder was empty so no UA. He pooped on the exam table and it was prodigious and healthy looking :rolleyes:
    My vet is on vacation (but hasn't seen Myagi since he got his baby shots). I've met this lady before and remembered her as sharp and smart but no bedside manner. She was only a teeny put off my my demands and dcin "live" involvement, and very impressed with his data and care and open to discussion and ideas. Myagi was very dehydrated but according to her his lab work all looked pretty good. He has bad teeth and one probably paining him a bit, but she felt his dental issues were not the source of inappetance and dramatic weight loss. Thinks it will either resolve with the treatments or it's cancer. Said her concerns are fatty liver disease and cancer. But wouldn't know where to begin with cancer because on paper he looks good to her. She is hopeful will resolve. If not, full body xrays to look for cancer. She also said he looks good now but kidney disease in a year or so...

He got 200ml iv fluids and sub q fluid for 1x day at home
    B12 injection and 3 weeks of b12 (I will go pick up a syringe each Friday to shoot at home)
    Clindamycin for his oral infection.
    Cyproheptadine for appy
    Continue famotidine for tummy

Myagi likes other animals but does not like people. His utter compliance indicated how poorly he was feeling. He may have hissed once when they had him in the back for labs.

He was 84 at +5 when we got home (yes we were there around four hours, but being seen, she was very patient, office was zoo today and she had surgeries and she never once made me feel like Myagi wasn't the most important patient). I syringed baby food and water and he also self fed 3tsp 6c.
    I left to get his rx.
    +8.3 58, gave famotidine and appy med in pill pockets and spoon fed him 4-5tbs of baby food. He also ate 1tsp 6c. That was exciting cause there was no syringe involved, even if I did feed him.
    He did a bit of rabbit watch mid day and watched Millie from his closet pillow. Meaning He wasn't asleep the whole day! He was such a trooper all day. I'm not surprised he seems annoyed with me now. He's still weaker, had trouble getting in window bench. But I'm hopeful.

Attaching labs. Feedback greatly appreciated!:bighug::bighug:
    20180309_094751.jpg 20180309_094802.jpg 20180309_101209.jpg 20180309_102633.jpg
    Again, profound love and gratitude for the prayers and support and helping with the dcin funds so he could go and get treatment!!! Y'all are amazing!!!:bighug::bighug::kiss::bighug::bighug:

Kris & Teasel and JeffJ like this.
  8. Myagi (GA) and Heidi

Omg!!! :p:p:p:p that's spectacular!!:bighug:

JeffJ likes this.
  9. Myagi (GA) and Heidi

+2 123 ate about tsp 6c/ baby food combo

10. PussCatPrince - GA

Myagi (GA) and Heidi likes this.
  11. PussCatPrince - GA

We're family Heidi.

Myagi (GA) and Heidi and JeffJ like this.
  12. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

All in all, not bad!! Of course we'd all like to have a definitive diagnosis, but sometimes no news is good news!

Sounds like although he's not 100%, he has eaten better today so that's important....Hopefully the B-12 I suggested does the trick. It can help a lot of cats with appetite and energy.

DCIN wants to thank those of you that donated to help with Myagi's bill! It's because of people like you that we can offer to help in times like these!

13. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

Was in NYC this week, as some know...so I didn't know Myagi was doing so poorly. Glad to hear the vet visit went well and that we could help. I am hopeful that the meds will help bring him back into a healthy eating mode.

For Leo's lymphoma diagnosis, his blood analysis wasn't very drastic. The only viable to tell was biopsy, which was expensive and we did it. An alternative is to treat for cancer without the confirming diagnosis. I have read others on FDMB using prednisolone or other intestinal medicines to reduce inflammation.

14. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

Thank you @Chris & China for helping funnel the funding over to Myagi. Much appreciated for your help with DCIN and with Myagi's bill.

15. PussCatPrince - GA

I echo that @Chris & China

Thank you.:bighug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.