4/12 Ming PMPS = 247, +5 = 292, +7 = 178

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Crista & Ming, Apr 12, 2019.

1. Crista & Ming

Crista & Ming Well-Known Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...-130-6-99-how-to-shoot-low-on-levemir.213124/

Yellow cycle this AM. Hopefully Ming goes back down later :)

I asked in my last condo what to do with shooting low numbers on Levemir. I'm familiar with what to do on Lantus but I'm not sure if it's any different from Levemir. I re-read the stickies as suggested as well and have come to the conclusion that ECID :joyful:

But I'm still curious if anyone else has any insight. Because I was ready to shoot even though Ming was at 50 during PMPS only because I know Levemir onset is later. But that was also a good cycle to know if Ming will rise up or not.

2. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Since I've never used Levemir, I'm no help, but maybe @Wendy&Neko will pop in with some words of wisdom!

Crista & Ming likes this.
  3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

As Jill posted yesterday, know the onset, nadir and duration. What you are shooting at preshot is not so much that number, more what it will be at onset. For Neko on Lev that was five hours later so I had no issue shooting 50’s if she was flat or rising, plenty of time for her to rise, plus she would get a food bump. I found it much easier to shoot low on Lev than Lantus. However, as with Lantus, not a good idea to shoot under 50.

Last night was a good chance to gather data, I might have done without the late cycle feed though, to see what he would do on his own.

4. Crista & Ming

Crista & Ming Well-Known Member

Ok interesting!

I'm trying to figure out Ming's onset, nadir, and duration as well. Right now, I don't have a clear idea. I think onset is around +5 and I think nadir is +8 and then sometimes it's at PS time or the lower numbers lasts all the way to PS time. So that's what confuses me! But I vaguely understand that it probably has something to with his bouncing. If he wasn't bouncing/his liver wasn't fighting the insulin, his nadir and duration might last all the way to PS time. That's what I think, not sure if I even understand my own thoughts though haha!