? 4/13 RAJA AMPS 50s Nadir in 50s Stalled and reduced

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Arman Matin, Apr 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arman Matin

Arman Matin Member

Raja woke me up last night purring on my face. Measured him and he was at 53 and an hr later at 69.
    Went to sleep and at +11 he was 52 , 48, 52 untill AMPS of 50

I stalled for 30 mins and as his numbers started rising I gave him a .5 reduction at 6U and went to work

Now what ? As per protocol am I to do .25 increment reductions and increase though after 6U it is normally done at .5 ?

Also do I continue with the reduction at 6U or go back to 6.5 ? Is it now safe to assume he is going to 50s at least on three occasion at 6.5 and would get a reduction ?

thanks so much

Arman

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I would stick with 6.0 units for now. 6.5 has shown it can get him to the 40's, which is lower than we'd like. Raja has earned a reduction. Let's see how he does on 6.0 units for a while,r and see if he needs to go back up to 6.25. I tend to be cautious with higher dose cats, until you know how he'll handle reductions. The higher depot can have a big influence on subsequent cycles.

3. Arman Matin

Arman Matin Member

would you consider him high dose as he is above 6 ?

4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Yes, I would consider him higher dose with being over six units. Larger depots can last longer than the small doses after a reduction.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.