4/15 Thos - Dose Check & TR vs Nice Weather - AMPS 96/+3 77/+5 67/+7 74/+9 80/PMPS 76/+2 77/+4 82

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Tom & Thomas (GA), Apr 15, 2019.

1. Tom & Thomas (GA)

Tom & Thomas (GA) Member

Previous 3/31

Slowly and placidly, Thos continues to enjoy some nicer numbers. And I am very happy that only twice have we ever had to deal with the stress of numbers in the lime, even though this can be the route to a reduction.

What we aren't seeing is much time in the 50s or 60s. Are those lower numbers something we need before any thoughts of tapering off? Should I nudge the dose up to get there?

If an increase may be called for, I would prefer to do it now. As the weather grows nicer, Thos (and the other cats) will want to be outside for longer and longer amounts of time. Pretty essential to quality of life. So close monitoring will be hard and I may even lose some regularity of shot times.

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

You are seeing enough nadirs in the 60’s that I would not increase. Might even be tempted to take him down to 0.5 unit and see what he does this time.

By any chance have you tested the other cats to see what their normal is? I am guessing you don’t have a before FD baseline on Thos. His normal may be the 70’s. 50’s and 60’s are not necssary.

3. Tom & Thomas (GA)

Tom & Thomas (GA) Member

Great, I would much rather go down than up!

You'd suggest just shaving the dose for now, rather than a drop to 0.25u?

A panel run in November 2015, with the blood drawn at home, showed a BGL of 76 and TT4 of 2. This was the last time labs were done until November 2017 when we got 265 and 7.4, respectively, though the glucose level may have been elevated due to a badly abscessed tooth, the hyperthyroidism and vet office stress.

I've never tested the two babies and we're waiting till next year, when they will have turned ten, before we run a "senior panel." But they aren't related to Thos. Would environmentals, like diet, be a large enough factor to suggest what Thos's normal might be? Though with his reading from 2015 I guess this is moot.

Thanks, Wendy!!!

4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

You could try a 0.25 unit decrease if you want to. Just thought you were going it slow.

It's good you have a "before" blood panel, so many of us don't. I once had a civvie register about 220 at the vet's due to stress so your mileage can vary on bloodwork. He tested 53 next day at home.

5. Tom & Thomas (GA)

Tom & Thomas (GA) Member

Oh, for now I'm happy to stick with going slow. I have no interest in losing ground here.

Wow, that is quite a spread. Maybe next year I'll try to test the little ones' glucose levels right before we go to the vet. They'll be upset with me for the rest of the day anyhow.

Thanks again.