4/15 Vyktor - dance the fandango - BP ok! AMPS 193 +2.75 166 / Purrdy AMPS 241 +4.75 153

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Vyktors Mum, Apr 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vyktors Mum

Vyktors Mum Well-Known Member

Last time http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...ambg-45-14-67-15-61-15-75-67-18-5-113.155954/

Vyktor
    AMPS 202 +2 149 +3.25 99:D +4 77:D +5 56:D +6 59:D +7.25 70:D
    PMPS 167 +2 153 +5 175

Big day for Vyktor yesterday we returned to the vet to try for his BP (can't you see the massive vet spike between +4 and +5 o_O). He started stressing in the car and was screaming out the swears and carrying on a treat by the time we got there. The first BP cuff we tried was busted, the second one was too small so by the time we got to the third (which was just right - I feel like I'm telling the story of Goldilocks here!) he was pretty het up but the highest BP we got out of him was 174 :woot: Vet is now thinking that his high BP after his dental might have been a strange reaction to the anaesthetic (it wasn't stress, he wasn't with it when they got the high readings). So no meds for now and we go back again to check in 3 mths.

Poor Vyktor thought he could relax once he got home but no, it was acupuncture day too - he has never been so wild for Rowena! Note to self - if you don't want to look like your face has been run over by a lawn mower don't book both vets on the same day again... :blackeye::blackeye::blackeye:

He's had two reductions this week but the second one was taken on only the 4th cycle after the last so may not hold. I plan on taking him back up tomorrow if he doesn't look too interesting today. I am due back at work on Monday though. Looking back over his spreadsheet there was only one day I could have made it in to work over the last two weeks (he won't feed himself for low numbers) so I'm not sure how that's going to go. We will just have to take it one day at a time.

Purrdy
    AMPS 106:cool: +2.5 108:cool: +4.5 103:cool: +6 95:D +8.5 117:cool:
    PMPS 142 +2 139 +4 126

I have learned my lesson with Purrdy, he is definitely a wait 8 cycles rather than 6 cycles kitty (I wonder if that is because the larger depot takes longer to adjust?). Hopefully he will now settle nicely into his 11.5u dose having insisted twice that 12u is too much. I think mum's going to feel pretty nervous if I ask her to go there again LOL!

2. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Great news about Vyktor - especially after burning through 3 cuffs! Trix always took her time to settle into new doses, too. Have a great one, Serryn!!

3. Shoeskitty-GA

Shoeskitty-GA Well-Known Member

Good news about Vyktor's BP!!!! Purdy looks good too!

4. sarahtee

sarahtee Member

Great to see Vyktor's BP isn't an ongoing issue. I hope Purrdy settles into his new dose soon.

5. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

would you like a band-aid?

glad the bp wasn't soaring.... hope it was just an anethesthia reaction

[​IMG]

6. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Great news on Vyktor's BP. We've decided Neko is one of those kitties that just doesn't like having her BP tested. :rolleyes: Sorry about the lawn mower face - good idea to space vetty appointments a couple days apart.

As for Purrdy - I didn't notice a difference with higher doses taking longer after an increase, but definitely had to wait the full 6 cycles after a skip (or fur shot in my case). But again, it could be the cat. :cat:

7. Marilyn and Polly

Marilyn and Polly Well-Known Member

Wonderful condo. Vyktor, you just keep on truckin'! Love your feistiness!

Marilyn and Polly

8. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Well, Vyktor, I guess you showed them! Good job! Now for a little nip of the Aussie Hootch (maybe give a glass to your mamabean, too).

Hugs, scritches,

Ella & Rusty

Vyktors Mum likes this.
  9. Brashworks

Brashworks Member

Ah Vyktor, you are indeed a grand old man.

Vyktors Mum likes this.
  10. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

Lovely to read some good news about Vyktor. Keep your mama guessing, Old Man - it's good for her! :rolleyes:;)

I'm sure Purrdy is glad you finally believed him on his dose. I know I hate to have to repeat myself! :p

Vyktors Mum likes this.
  11. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Great news on the BP! :bighug:

12. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

What a good news report today! Yay on the blood pressure! and Yay on figuring out what works with Purrdy!

i'm snickering on you having "vet face." [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Vyktors Mum likes this.
  13. Voula

Voula Well-Known Member

Well done to Vyktor for the two vet visits in one day and that is great about his blood pressure being okay too. You must be happy the vet visits are over with Serryn. Best wishes to Purrdy and your mum too. Both Vyktor and Purrdy are doing very well with their glucose levels and you are doing really well managing Vyktor's insulin doses considering your worry about him not eating if his glucose levels are low while you are at work. Hugs and pats to all of you. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

14. Tara & Ivana (GA)

Tara & Ivana (GA) Well-Known Member

Two vet visits in one day?? You really were asking for it Serryn :blackeye::eek:

Vyktors Mum likes this.
  15. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Lawn mower face :facepalm: I hope you didn't get any scratches on your pretty face.

Good news on the BP.

I don't know if you have Fancy Feast Medleys there, but J.D. loved them and they are a medium carb food that I would leave out if I was worried about his numbers when going to work.

16. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Great news on Vyktor's BP. I hope your wounds heal quickly. I hope Purrdy settles into this dose and surfs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.