4/18 Asia AMPS 197, +5 211 Paula is my Hero!!!

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Stacy & Asia, Apr 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...0-4-5-287-making-food-mc-hc-discovery.194276/

Hoping these antibiotics work soon (and that indeed an infection is the cause). Asia has been pee pee pants almost daily this past week. I’m so thankful for the plush top incontinence pad I have on my bed. She likes to sleep on it, and it’s one small thing to wash instead of all my bed linens in my tiny apartment sized washing machine! No pee pee pants overnight last night, so I consider that a success at this point. Took a little over a week for the antibiotics to start working last time, so I should know what’s happening in a few days.

I’ve increased her p binder amount and I’m replacing a little less than half of each meal with egg whites in an attempt to keep up the protein, but get her phosphorous level back down. It was down and went up again in the last lab for reasons unknown. The only suspect is the junk food gravy I was giving her to put Karo in. Her calcium is also a bit higher and nearing the danger zone.

I stopped giving her digestive enzymes as the first ingredient is calcium sulfate. I wonder if there is a calcium free alternative?

Other than that, she’s eating very well, is talkative and affectionate. All p’s in place, minus the out of place pee. ;)

2. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

A nice blue start for Asia today:cool: I hope the antibiotics help the pee pee problem!

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope the AB works soon. Glad she is eating well and seems to be feeling good. Sending prayers.

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  4. MyTitan (GA)

MyTitan (GA) Well-Known Member

Hope Asia can get on track and settle down. We have pee-pee pads all over especially around the littler boxes. Titan at tymes thinks if he is in the vicinity of the box that's close enuf :facepalm:

5. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Hugs and prayers to Elmo’s fellow Super Senior :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  6. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Nice start for pee pee head! And I hope the AB's kick in asap.

I picked up my instant potatoes to have on hand. :)

7. Stacy & Asia

+5 211. I don’t know if the antibiotics are raising the numbers (didn’t do that last time), if infection is raising the numbers, pain? I’ve begun replacing part of her food with eggs whites starting on the 15th pm cycle, I don’t think egg whites raise bg. If she does have a UTI, surely it can’t be awesome having lots of sugar pee to keep the infection happy. :(

8. Stacy & Asia

Great news! Heart echo is scheduled for May 2nd with a traveling cardiologist recommended to me, by my new hero, @Love-Paula aka Woodsywife !!!

I get to be with her the whole time! He travels to an outer borough that is (supposedly) only 17 minutes from me by train. Asia gets car sick, but the train doesn’t seem to bother her (thankfully she can’t hear anymore, or I’m sure it would).

With tears of happiness in my eyes and endless gratitude, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU PAULA!!! :kiss: :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

I’m continually amazed by this community of awesome people helping each other (even though we are all struggling), it’s not just about diabetes! :) Asia and I are so thankful to have landed here, I don’t think she’d have made it this far if we didn’t. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

9. PussCatPrince - GA

PussCatPrince - GA Well-Known Member

Good news about the pee. Endless laundry and floor cleaning can get a bit tough around the edges.

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  10. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

Why are you concened with the calcium? The one I got has Calcium sulfate as 1st ingredient also. I haven't started giving it. I am very hesitant to add anything to his food after the last scare we had with him not eating. He does get his B12 and B complex in his food but it is such a tiny bit he has never detected those.

11. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

With the pee pee exception, it looks to have been a good day. So happy that you were able to get an appointment with the traveling cardiologist.
    Have a good evening,

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  12. Stacy & Asia

Calcium wouldn’t normally be an issue, but Asia’s phos is high (6.1, trying really, really hard to get it below 5) and her calcium is already 10.6, if you multiply those 2 numbers and get more than 70, you’re in trouble CKD wise. The b vitamins really helped Asia, her hematocrit went from 29.2 to 35.2 and the b vitamins were the only thing on my end to help with that.

The digestive enzymes I got (Animal Essentials) make her food and water mix milky. I don’t know if she tastes it or not, since she started being a piggy, there aren’t many things she will turn down (she turns down Karo though). I totally get not wanting to put anything in his food that will turn him off. Maybe take a meal and divide it into 2 different dishes and add the enzymes to one and not the other and see what he thinks of it all?

13. Stacy & Asia

Endless laundry is what made me purchase the washable pee pee pad in the first place. She would vomit on my bed not too infrequently and it was a mad dash to get everything cleaned and dried so I could sleep in my bed, now it’s useful for pee pee pants too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.