4/20/18 Olive AMPS 327; +3=380; +6=310; PMPS 295; +5=146; +8.5=133

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Olive & Paula, Apr 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Yesterday

I think tomorrow is dosecrease day. Not popping anymore greens and blues are getting less. After the +3 today we will be going to the pet place I mentioned yesterday. See what kind of food they can help me with.

2. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Did you hear that dosecrease threat Olive? Come on let's see some of those lovely blues; we know you can do it!

3. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Good luck with the food.

Come on down Olive!

4. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

Excited to hear about your food adventure. I hope Olive listens to threats, either way it works out, better numbers are coming. :cat:

5. Olive & Paula

And we are off to food shop. Of course the cats have the final say. Can't believe hubby is going with me. It's so not his type of activity, AND he mentioned eating lunch or dinner out. How do I say no to that!!!!

6. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Good luck if you increase the dose tomorrow. I hope you can find some food that works. Enjoy your lunch or dinner out.

7. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

Good luck with the increase. She is doing much better but keep moving forward. Sounds like DH might be getting into what retired people do....especially the lunch or dinner part :smuggrin:

8. Olive & Paula

PJ in action, now i need to train her to use the vacumm

9. Olive & Paula

Went to the pet place. This owner knows her food. It is a private owned pet food store. All the foods are holistic or natural. Most I've never heard of. She knew which were low carb, low phosphorus. She has frozen raw foods. She knew about Dry matter calculations versus label amounts. If a company will not give her answers she won't sell their products. Here is an interesting tidbit, she said manufacturers are not allowed to put carb content on the packaging. But she did show me an origen dry food bag that has the carbs on it, small but there and so far company has had no issues about it yet.

I picked up a few cans and flavors of Verus foods. They are on the food list. The US line (5.5 oz cans) are all 0%. The NZ line (6.6 oz cans) are 3% or less. My vet also recommend this brand. Only thing it is high phosphorus. I was curious about the beef, apple and vegetable flavor if the cats would eat it. All 4 ate it with gusto. I got 1 can each of the chicken with pumpkin, and plain beef, plain turkey. 1 can of My Little Lion duck flavor (never heard of this brand). Store gave me a can of verus lamb, tripe, and green mussel free. And the plastic lid that fits the can. The litters are all natural ones. I picked up a bag of Intersand brand. It comes with a free catnip mouse toy in the bag. It's fine grains so I'm hoping it doesn't get stuck in Olive's toes. She is the only one litter cakes between the toes.

The food I picked up are much higher in calories so I need to figure out how much each cat should get. Tripper is the only one who needs to gain (about 1 1/2-2 lbs). Vet said she isn't underweight but would be better at 9-10 lbs. Certainly can not lose anymore. Tux and PJ need to maintain and Olive needs to maintain and not gain any more.

The food will mostly be for Tripper and Tux as they are the ones refusing all others. Hopefully, the cost won't be to bad for only 2 cats as it's super expensive.

carfurby (GA) and Kris & Teasel like this.
  10. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Good luck with the increase, she seems to have lost her ability to green.

Good score on the local cat food store! I like the small independents.

11. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Glad the food place was helpful and hope Tripper and Tux like their new fuds.

What the heck in PJ doing in that video!??

12. Olive & Paula

Tearing apart one of those cardboard scratchers.

13. Olive & Paula

I completely forgot to post the PMPS until now. Olive had a bit of an energy burst. She went running g across the living room and batted a foil ball. Then went right to sleep, she isn't use to such activity.

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  14. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

Score on the pet food store. We have a bunch of those types of stores here and I've never heard of some of the brands you mentioned!

I don't know if this is why for Olive, but Asia started having this problem and she never did before. When they have higher numbers and there is all that sugar in their urine, it's actually sticky like sugar! The pee clumps more readily stick to the litter box and more litter sticks to their paws if they step in the pee clump. Will be interesting to see if the problem goes away when she spends a good amount of time below renal threshold like it did for Asia. :)

15. Olive & Paula

She does step in it. She actually sits on the litter when she goes. I've had to soak her feet just the back ones and comb out the clumps. There was some really large embedded clumps when she got here.

Stacy & Asia likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.