4/20/18/Ravan/+2 349/+8 277/pmps345/+3 276/+6 199/+9 317/

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by JoyBee&Ravan, Apr 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

2. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

Hope you and Ravan have nice day:cat:

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  3. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Dang you do ravens amps early, lol I thought I was the only 1 up doing amps super early lol lol, do you do the amps that early every morning?? I couldn’t, I think 5am is to early lol
    Hoping for good numbers for raven today

4. JoyBee&Ravan

Hi Bellasmom (Thanks for the good wishes!)

I don't have a choice! Ravan wakes me up Yowling really loud Every few hours to eat! So as long a i'm up I usually do his test.

I'm very discouraged with his bg not coming down. Every time i increase the dose It's like starting over.

I got all excited when it came down to yellow, then this morning back up to over 400!

Very frustrating

5. JoyBee&Ravan

@Bellasmom

Just looked at Bellas SS, He's doing great! If I could just get Ravan into yellow & blue I'd be Happy.

I'm very worried about these high #'s damaging his kidneys or causing other problems.

6. Bellasmom

If you look at Bella’s spreadsheet, about 4 or 5 day after his increase his numbers started to go up by end of the 7 day period, so on sat I would do curve and see he needed a increase, then it was the same the following week, numbers were pretty good again until 5 or 6 days into the new increase they would go back up, seems to me and I may be wrong, but it seemed to me that by those days I was seeing all that that amount was gonna do, so I increased again now to 1u, it went up the first day in evening to reds but this time is seems I might be closer to his dosage because instead of the numbers slowly going up in the 5 or 6 day they are staying pretty good, so I’m guessin we are getting close to,Bella’s good dose, usually by Friday’s there has been an increase in the past but not this week, it just takes time, I’m on a strict strict time thing, Bella’s am and pm tests are done almost exactly at 5a and 5p, shot at 5:10 everyday, I do curves on Saturdays, every Saturday and adjust dosage then, ravens numbers are looking better than they did, I was very very concerned and I’m glad to,see the increases and his numbers looking better, better overall

Kris & Teasel likes this.
  7. Bellasmom

Also if u noticed I quit giving bella all those supplements for a just in case thing, it was stressing him out and my main concern right now was his BG, so,I’ve taken all stress away from Bella he doesn’t mind the test as I make it kinda fun for him, I was just giving him a treat after each test but now I put it in a scrunched up,piece of paper which he loves to play with and it’s up to him to get it out of it lol, and we do playing each morning for some exercise, I’ve opened up more shades for more sun, he doesn’t go outside and I also brought real grass to him inside to lay around on, ive taken alllll stress away and quit looking at him like a number, I’m just telling you things that I’ve done that might have helped him as well. I wish I could take,bella out like you can yours but he isn’t going to have anything to do,with it lol he’s a scaredy-cat lol

8. Bellasmom

Plus my attitude has changed and I’m sure that’s effective in his numbers too, I’m not stressed, he isn’t stressed, I’ve got a lot more self confidence that I can and WILL do this, heck I take care if terminal clients everyday, so,I can do this, I’ve changed my attitude. It was so much to take in and I’m finally at peace with myself that I can and will for bella! You can do this as well, you are! And ravens numbers are getting better, it’s a slow,process but U can do this

Wendy&Neko and Kris & Teasel like this.
  9. JoyBee&Ravan

That all sounds good. I try really hard to be optimistic .I start out pretty good in the AM but when those numbers go up to over 400 It's difficult not to get upset!

It's just a number? Not if it's hurting him . Then it's more than just a number it's a Problem!

It looks like I will need to increase the dose in a day or so. I'm just worried that it will keep going up each time & this will just go on & on

10. JoyBee&Ravan

I just checked his bg +2 349 Two days ago this time it was 244 Instead of being lower it's going up again? If it keeps up it will be black by next shot!

I'm sure you wouldn't be happy if bella's # was in the black? Very difficult to be calm & optimistic!

11. Bellasmom

It’s not good if it stays for long periods of time and ravens isn’t, it is going down some, I’ve been doing this with Bella since July 2017 and he’s just now starting to good, slowly slowly looking better each time, I’m know it’s hard it’s very hard, I struggled with it myself but it was consuming me and we weren’t getting anywhere but me going to,have a stroke, ravens numbers are better and anyone who knows me I have no patience at all, but I do now, it’s better for bella and me

12. Bellasmom

No and look back on both Bella’s spreadsheets, I wasn’t happy at all, I was a mess! A complete mess! But they did change, again patience, raven will find his right number
    I, just trying to get you to remain calm and not let raven feed off of you anxiety and trust me I was doing the same thing in reds and blacks and u see where it got me, reds and blacks or high numbers, I’ve calmed down so much it’s like I’m a different person, I do and treat Bella like I do my clients, remain calm and patient, i work with people who have dementia and Alzheimer’s so that takes a lot patience so I just brought my attitude I have a work to home although bella is not a client he is my cat, so I do understand, you have to,change your mindset, it’s not easy

13. JoyBee&Ravan

Thanks Bellasmom. I do understand what you mean. I get a bit goofy when I'm on here asking questions but at home I do stay calm (most of the time) I know it's better for Ravan & me.

The other day I woke up with a bad headache & flashing light in my right eye. I thought I was having a stroke. I called the Eye Dr. told him & also said I couldn't drive because i couldn't see! He asked me if i was sleeping OK & was I under any unusual stress(HA!)

When I told him Yes he said this can cause "Ophthalmic Migraine" it especially affects Older people. NOT FAIR!! Got enough problems as we get older.

So I do know I need to calm down. I am trying,really!

Sounds like you do great at your job. I know how stressful it can be taking care of older people.

And actually Bella is kinda a "Client" of yours!

14. Bellasmom

I’m sorry about u not feeling well, u need to take time for yourself too, if it were me, unless there is a reason to get up and take ravens BG in the middle,of the night, like him being low, I would sleep, you need your rest as well, if ur not well he won’t be either, you have to look out for yourself too, please don’t take any of this as I’m getting on u, I’m not at all. Enjoy your day

15. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Bellasmom likes this.
  16. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Agreed, she's learned the hardest lessons about feline diabetes, which is taking care of you too.

Today is the sixth cycle after that lovely blue on the 17th, paws crossed Ravan ditches that bounce now. As a reference, look at his previous blue the night of the 10th. It took him the full 6 cycles of bouncing around before he came down again the night of the 13th. But he still didn't come down to blues, though low enough to trigger another bounce. After six cycles of that bounce, he gave you blue again. Seeing patterns in numbers can help you decide when you need to pay attention and test more, and when you can get out of the house for a while. If he's early in the cycles of bounces, you can ease off. Over time the length of time he bounces will become less. Also getting to a better dose for him will help that too.

Bellasmom and Kris & Teasel like this.
  17. Bellasmom

Look at Bella’s numbers today, as I thought they are starting to go up at the of the cycle so tomorrow is curve day and decide what to do with insulin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.