4-3-18 Jones AMPS 221 , + 4.5 196, PMPS 176 - Civvie Update

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Tracey&Jones (GA), Apr 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Yesterday

I think Jones is bouncing from an unseen green yesterday.:( (DS was told too get the test when he got home but it might of been to late as he was home at +8) His bowl was CPC yesterday but didn't eat as much last night (this is typical when he bounces). So note left for DS to make sure to test today.

I woke up with him all snuggled into me this morning. He ate a decent amount for breakfast and is now watching out the front room window.

Civvie Rain's test results are in and show a slight progression in her CKD but not bad considering it has been 6 months from her last tests. :) Getting the results sent to me so I can update her spreadsheet. It was suggested a further test be done on the urine sample as she did show +1 from trace of protein in the urine. This test will confirm if it is actually high or not and then there may be meds added to her daily routine. Yeah, more meds.:blackeye:

I have another dental visit today...finish my crown (still doesn't feel right) and fix a tooth that has an old filing that is now cracked. They are taking that out and putting in a porcelain one and fixing up the crack. Fun!

So off to work I go early as I am leaving extra early today.

Vines to all that need them today.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2018
  2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

It's possible Jones did dip low yesterday. I hope he slides down today. I'm glad Rain's CKD hasn't progressed very much. Good luck at the dentist.

Tracey&Jones (GA) likes this.
  3. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Her Bun is up from 6 months ago (14 from 13.5 range 5.0-12.9), her creatine is down (217 from 241 range 53-212), phosphorus is up to 1.43 from 1.26 (range .77 to 2.65), potassium is the same 4.9 (range 3.4 to 5.6). RBC is good.

The only thing is the protein in the urine, she was trace before and now she is +1. Vet also concerned with her cholesterol - it has been higher that last two test then normal range.

I think I will take that...not bad for a 14 yr old kitty that is like 8 years post dx! One tough little 7lb cat!

4. Amanda & Shmee

Amanda & Shmee Well-Known Member

I hope Jones's b bounce comes down asap and good luck at the dentist! I am getting my crown finished next week, I know how you feel. This temporary crown really stinks!!

5. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Down Jones!

Neko had proteinuria, but we didn't test for it until her protein was +3 in the urine. You should also get a blood pressure test done, if you haven't already. Did you get an SDMA result for Rain? Otherwise her numbers look pretty good for a kitty that long CKD.

Dental vines for you.

6. Tracey&Jones (GA)

We did the BP 6 months ago and it was normal given how agitated she was - it came down by the third test of me holding her into slightly higher than normal. She was pretty agitated on Saturday so we decided against it and just got the blood work and urine sample taken. There was no SDMA test done - not since April 2016. Should this something I getting added on next time? She is back in at 6 months.

7. Tracey&Jones (GA)

I had mine in for 4 weeks! They cancelled the appointment to get the permanent one and then I was on vacation so I got it done last week. But it is riding high...when I bite there is a corner that is the first thing that hits. It is a replacement crown and the first one had a hole in it. Big PIA and costs $$$.

Amanda & Shmee likes this.
  8. Tracey&Jones (GA)

And the extra test for protein in the urine came back as normal! Huge sigh of relief on that!

Amanda & Shmee likes this.
  9. Amanda & Shmee

Amanda & Shmee Well-Known Member

Wow that is horrible, my crown kind of rides against the side of my mouth. Why cant they get them right?! LOL! Ugh and I feel you on the cost.... This state of insurance in America is so sad!! Anyway I hope it works out well this time around!! And great to hear about the protein! :)

10. Tracey&Jones (GA)

This is a slow bounce clearing for Jones.

11. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Clear the bounce Jones!

I hope the next test for Rain proves good.

Sorry about the dental, fun, fun, NOT. If your crown hurts to chew on it, then it could be too high. The occlusion needs to be adjusted by you biting down on articulating paper ( carbon paper) but, if you do besides tapping up and down on it with your teeth, you need to grind your teeth sideways a few times while keeping your teeth together. That will help mark the lateral excursion of your bite. Something a lot of dentist miss. All it takes is one mm of a high spot to cause pain. ( I was a dental assistant for 40 + years)

12. Tracey&Jones (GA)

And a verrryyy sllloooowwww decent for Jones.

13. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

SDMA is automatically included if your vet uses Idexx for lab work. Maybe ask for it next time. Yeah for normal UPC ratio!

14. Noah & me (GA)

Noah & me (GA) Well-Known Member

The last side effect listed on my BP meds is "May cause dry mouth". Two years ago I had ALL my teeth pulled in one sitting. And I have Trigeminal neuralgia so that was super-happy-fun day. Poor kitties. :blackeye: :(

15. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Dickson! Ouch...that must of been an awful few days after. That condition does not sound fun at all. How do you manage that?

How is Noah?

Noah & me (GA) likes this.
  16. Noah & me (GA)

Noah & me (GA) Well-Known Member

There are some preventative drugs but they don't work and hospitals don't do neuropathic pain.
    All you can do is crawl into bed, take 4mg Lorazepam and pray. I send Cynthia downstairs so she can have a life.
    Noah is Noah, unregulated and bouncing but he always has an appetite. He's been staring at the fridge lately and making weird noises, then I pull his tail and brush him and he sleeps the day away.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.