? 4/4 Hugo AMPS 220, +6 391 Ketones

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Elle D & Hugo, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Elle D & Hugo

Elle D & Hugo Member

2. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

That’s great! On the LB&L page we start a new thread each day with the date, AMPS or PMPS and any + BGs so that people can see at a glance how cats are travelling. Then you can add things like ‘ketones, “help with dosing”, “ not eating”, “diarrhoea “ etc if you need specific help and that alerts the people who help that you need assistance.

I so glad Hugo is eating better. That is a real improvement......so important that he eats well.
    How is he generally? Is he lethargic, or playful or interested in the surroundings?

What did your vet say about the blood results from the ER (acidic)? Did he do more blood tests?

Have a look at the SLGS and TR methods that are at the top of this page and see if you could do TR...it would be better at this point if you could as you could increase more quickly.

3. Elle D & Hugo

Elle D & Hugo Member

He's been a bit lethargic today, but he's never really been a super active cat. He seems alert, but something does feel off. He could just be mad we took him to the vet. He hates it. He was walking around, eating and drinking a bunch earlier.

He's running a full blood panel and urinalysis and culture, and a fructosimine (sp?), but we won't get results until Tuesday. I fought him a bit on the fluids and stuff and he seemed perturbed. Didn't say anything about the blood tests we've already done though I pointed it out twice. Basically saying we have to see what the tests say and that was more important, to see if something was underlying causing it.

4. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Most cats hate going to the vet.
    I’m sure you are frustrated with your vet. Hopefully the results of the tests on Tuesday will be good.
    For now just keep doing what you are doing.
    Keep us posted how he’s eating, what his BGs are and the results of the ketone tests.

5. Elle D & Hugo

Elle D & Hugo Member

PMPS is 449. He ate well, especially before our other cat Meowmar decided to push him out of his bowl to eat his food. I think he's jealous of all the attention Hugo is getting. Gave him 2 units. Not nearly enough blood for a ketone test, but I might try that later after we give him his inhaler if I dont catch him at the litter box.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2020
    Bron and Sheba (GA) likes this.
  6. Bron and Sheba (GA)

That’s good he ate well! Making progress. Get a test around the nadir if you can please.

7. Elle D & Hugo

Elle D & Hugo Member

I will. A +4 is ok?

I did a ketone dipstick and it looks negative to me. I'll try to get a blood test when we get the +4.

Thank you so much for helping me through this. I'm still a nervous wreck and I'm worried sick but it really helps to feel like someone cares and is helping me through this. This board is just a blessing, which is not a word I use often.

8. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Yes a + 4 would be good.
    Wonderful the urine test was negative ketones!!
    What you are doing is obviously helping.
    Keep going with the frequent food feeding, testing the BG, testing for ketones, offering Hugo extra fluids and giving the insulin.
    He’s a lucky boy to have you looking after him.

don’t forget to keep the SS updated as we always look at it when helping:)

9. Elle D & Hugo

Elle D & Hugo Member

+4 was 412

10. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Not much movement in the pm cycle.
    Have a look and see if you would like to try the TR method. It would be better for Hugo at the moment with the ketones in the picture.
    I hope you are managing to get some sleep.

11. Elle D & Hugo

Elle D & Hugo Member

Not really getting much sleep, no. I can tell he feels like crap. He's not trying to fight me off when I give him his meds or shots or check him, and that really alarms me. He keeps hiding under one of our chairs. I hate that I have to wait so long for any results. I think I will try the TR at least until we get his levels under control.