? 4/4 Ravan/SLGS/central time/amps254/330+3/306+6/pmps357/372+3/271+7/

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by JoyBee&Ravan, Apr 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

Same dose for 4 cycles Why is bg up 3hrs after shot? No food previous 2 hrs.

2. JoyBee&Ravan

I high lighted URL from last post, where do I put it?

3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Highlight the URL, copy it. Then go to the text box where you are typing. Select that little icon above the text box that looks like a chain link. In the box that pops up, paste the URL.

I don't see data for last night or today in the spreadsheet, so I can't make any suggestions on why he's going up today. Possible reasons include a bounce from last night (fast drop or going lower than he's used to), not getting all the insulin in today, or because he's a cat. :cat:

4. JoyBee&Ravan

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/4-3-ravan-amps-257-3-202-6-250-9-5-446-pm-shot-517.193584/#post-21640

@ Wendy & Neko, You explained it very well ! Thank You!

I just filled in the spreadsheet. When you get a chance I'd appreciate your advice.

Ever since a Fur Shot I'm very careful giving a shot. Bright light, part the fur, VERY careful!

4/2 in the evening bg looked good 4/3 started out good. Thought he's coming down! pm up to 517

He's been eating same food for weeks now FFeast classic chicken.

I tried to start a private conversation ,to ask you a few questions. Said you couldn't be found?

I'm still not so good understanding how to use this web site.

5. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

Glad he’s still eating well! When you tag someone, type the @ then, without a space, start typing their name. A Dropbox will appear after you type about 3 letters and you can just click on their name. When you post, the tag will be blue. If it’s not then it won’t tag the person.

6. Wendy&Neko

To PM (private message) someone, click on the link of the name below their picture and start a conversation. Having said that, this is an open forum and we prefer than most questions get asked and answered in posts.

Thanks for putting the data in. Looks like he might have had a steep drop early in the cycle. That can often be enough to set off another bounce.

7. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Copied over from Boomer's thread!
    Judy & Boomer, I've been reading various posts ( trying to educate myself on all this)
    You made a comment in one post that there are better ways to get the numbers down than ,"Swimming with the sharks"

I would very much like to hear the ,"Better Ways?" My heart can't take swimming with the sharks!

Yes I hear you on that one! Most of us have been there at one time or another!
    A kitty can earn a reduction by being in green numbers for a week! A kitty can also earn a reduction by hitting one number under 50 (if you are following TR)

ETA: I did not realize you are following SLGS when I posted the above!

Last edited: Apr 4, 2018
  8. JoyBee&Ravan

Sharon14, Thank you for the info!

Sharon14 likes this.
  9. JoyBee&Ravan

@Judy and Boomer
    Should i increase dose Or should I stick to 1+ for one full week?

Last edited: Apr 4, 2018
    Reason for edit: add
  10. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

11. Wendy&Neko

Yes, hold the dose the full week.

12. JoyBee&Ravan

Wendy&Neko,
    Ravan's 9 pm shot bg 357 So disappointed it stayed in the 300's! I'll follow your advice & keep the dose the same for the full week.

Thank You.

13. JoyBee&Ravan

Judy and Boomer, Thanks for the info. I'll check the SLGS info tomorrow.

Judy and Boomer likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.