4/6 DAVIDSON PMPS 279, +3 - 280, +9 - 329

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Shawna & Davidson (GA), Apr 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Shawna & Davidson (GA) Well-Known Member

Tracey&Jones (GA) likes this.
  2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Davidson heads down and surfs for you today.

3. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

I wished too, but not going to happen looking at his numbers so far.............frustrating as doesn't seem as if the insulin is working at all.........at a loss as he had much better numbers before any insulin and with each increase his numbers go up.

Can anyone shed light on this?

What about another increase tomorrow - start of cycle 3 on this dose, just trying to find a dose that works as I need him at least regulated for when I go away or it will be a loss at trying to get him back in remission since testing will be limited.

4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

You could be seeing a little bit of new dose wonkiness yesterday and today. I would hold this dose at least 6 cycles cause you saw green on the last dose.

Is he still on Clavamox?

Insulin is a hormone, not a drug. You don't always seen incremental improvements for each incremental increase in dose. Take a look at his 2014 spreadsheet, it was fairly similar. You don't know where his numbers would be if he was still not on insulin, but I rather suspect much higher. His current numbers tell me he needs insulin. Follow the protocol and you will get to his fitting dose.:bighug:

Jill & Alex (GA) likes this.
  5. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Thanks, and oh yes, he needs insulin for sure. I’m holding this does until Sunday morning - tonight is his last pill for ab’s. If I see low blues by Sunday morning ( or a surprise green) I’ll hold the dose, otherwise I will increase him by .5 and monitor him closely. In hindsight, should have started him on 1u as his weight is close to 13 lbs cuz HD guys are big, haha don’t tell Harley that he’s much smaller.

6. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Davidson will get a dosecrease in the morning...........

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.