4/6 Ravan/SLGS/Central time/amps379/391+3/271+8 /pmps361/304+3/332+7

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by JoyBee&Ravan, Apr 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

Ravan continues to eat good, will stay with 1+ dose till tomorrow. I plan on increasing slowly.Does that sound OK?

Tanya and Ducia likes this.
  2. JoyBee&Ravan

3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I agree with the plan, but I'd make it a 0.25 unit increase. You do a great job testing, he's not seeing any numbers below 150. The smaller increases don't work as well as the 0.25 unit ones. When people are just fine tuning a dose that is already pretty good, then the smaller changes might be appropriate, but not at this point in Ravan's FD dance.

Amanda & Shmee likes this.
  4. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Nice that Ravan's appy is good!
    He's a very handsome boy!

5. JoyBee&Ravan

Thank You Judy and Boomer! (I think so Too)

I look at all the Kitties on this web site & imagine all the LOVE that's here for our fur babies! ( A Whole LOT!!)

6. JoyBee&Ravan

Hi Wendy & Neko, OK, I'll increase to 1.25.

I'm a big Chicken! Have a real difficult time with the big drops . He had that a while back when I gave 1.25.
    I'll try again. Thought I'd go goofy up all night!

7. Tanya and Ducia

Tanya and Ducia Well-Known Member

the big drops can be counteracted/ smoothed by feeding a small portion of his regular foods just an hour - 45 min before the anticipated drop.
    :) we all are!..or at least we were.
    Hang in there and if the numbers go uncontrollable low - post for help.

Just to be sure: you did buy the FF Gravy Lovers and/ or FF Grilled - these are to be used when he goes low, not any other time.
    Do yo u have it?

Amanda & Shmee likes this.
  8. JoyBee&Ravan

Tanya & Ducia, Yes I bought the FF gravy Lovers & have all the other stuff also Karo & Honey ( I don't want to think about it!)

I checked for ketones a while ago & it looked like a trace. Is there anything i should do?

I'm giving him Ringers in a few minutes. I think the electrolytes are good for him & to keep him hydrated.

9. Tanya and Ducia

Yes - you should keep testing for ketones at any opportunity at least once in 24 hours - AND record in the SS - just like you did for the ketone's test on 04/04 - in the Remarks section it reads Ketones Negative (Yay!!).

I personally prefer to record the ketones reads in the SS cells - I could see it easier than in the Remarks but it it my personal preference. (see Ducia's SS - Ket Neg stands for negative result on the ketone's strip)
    Please be sure to record each LRS administration - the times and amount into your SS!
    It is an important thing to factor in when deciding on a dose.

SQ fluids are proven to be great help for Ducia when she was throwing ketones. But the balance line between how much SQf is good and how much is too much is very thin. Please be careful with it. Too much SQf administration can cause heart condition.

PS. 04/06 Am cycle +8 -good to see Ravan in the Yellow numbers!

10. Tanya and Ducia

The important thing is that you have it!
    No need to use it unless needed- but it always feels good to know that yo u are armed against Hypo or drops.

11. JoyBee&Ravan

Thanks Tanya and Ducia, I've been giving Ravan Ringers on & off for about a month. I usually give 100cc. But the last 2 times I was at half that & he got up & tried to get off the bed. I figure he knows better than me when he's had enough!

He just started doing that so I'll probably stop for a while.

I hear people say,I wish he could talk. Well they are telling us what's going on we just need to listen better. You know what i mean?

12. Tanya and Ducia

The SQF could be very beneficial in some cases - and detrimental in others. Over flooding can cause heart problems in cats - please be very careful with the dose and frequency of administration - and post to gather other's opinions and feed-backs on the LRS use.

13. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Yes, there really is!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.