4/7: Nova-Not happy--amps=375; +4=514-need some encouragement, please

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by LindyNova, Apr 7, 2020.

1. LindyNova

LindyNova Well-Known Member

2. Elle D & Hugo

Elle D & Hugo Member

I feel you. I have little to offer in terms of advice or anything but my Hugo has been bouncing too, and it's just so....hard. We have to stick with it though, right? It's frustrating, it's upsetting, but the only thing we can do is stay the course and get them where they need to be. You are not alone. We can do this.

LindyNova likes this.
  3. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Bounces are a part of treatment. Some bounce worse than others. They will lessen and get better in time. Stay the coursr, hang in there.

LindyNova likes this.
  4. Nan & Amber (GA)

Nan & Amber (GA) Well-Known Member

Ack, I'm so sorry. It is hard to see them in high numbers! There really isn't much you can do about them at this stage, unfortunately. It might be possible to develop some strategies to lessen the bouncing, though, once you have some more data and start to figure out exactly which situations cause the worst bounces.

If you can anticipate the things that cause the bounce, sometimes you can tamp them down a bit by feeding snacks at key points to slow down the pre-bounce diving, for example. You need more data before you can start doing that (unless you are really good at predicting the future in general!), I'm just mentioning it to give you some hope for the future. A lot of cats will eventually slow and stop their bouncing once they start seeing good numbers regularly, but there's hope even for the determined bouncers, sometimes we can nudge them into better behavior.

LindyNova likes this.
  5. LindyNova

Thanks everyone.

I am short on hope for her these days.....It seems I haven't had a full day of good numbers since I started testing regularly--almost 5 months ago. One yellow in a sea of pinks causes a bounce. One Blue in a kaleidoscope of yellows and pinks is a bounce. A half day of yellows causes a bounce. a half day of blues, and a maybe a dip of green causes a bounce.....increase the dose? Bounce. Decrease the dose? bounce. If I had a crystal ball to even give me a hint of what causes these bounces....that would cause a bounce. It's like her body doesn't like the insulin.

woah, woah, horse!!!....:stop: SO sorry.....went on bounce tirade there!!! :facepalm:

Time to put on my Big Girl Patience Pants (certainly not as comfy as yoga pants) and suck it up.

Is there anything else I should be looking for? She has no history of ketones--breath is catty, appetite is awesome, doesn't show any symptoms of a UTI....but then again, I had no clue at first Dx that she had one. Gave 1 injection of antibiotics.--Has no opportunity to eat high card kibble. etc, etc.

So afraid of her developing neuropathy--she has a bit of a wobble these days---would adding zobaline help?

Thanks again, really. :) :bighug:

and on a side note----could stress at home seriously elevate her numbers? She seriously dislikes my son (and he ignores my pleas to leave her alone), and his cat is a little bugger to her--always on the prowl and ready to pounce & play.

6. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Stress doesn't cause bounces, fast drops or dropping lower than she is used to causes bounces. Today's black could have been caused by either one of those last night. But without a post PMPS test, who knows? Many cats go lower at night. Getting a before bed test every night is a good practice to get into.

You can always try the zobaline. They pee out extra B12. Has the vet rules out arthritis?

LilTurkey likes this.
  7. LindyNova

Thank you. I will look into the zobaline. unless I stay up past midnight, its hard to get a # number past +4 at night. She's been so I high when I test before bed lately, it doesn't seem worth it. If I saw lower numbers, I would force myself to stay up.

8. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Some cats just seem to like to bounce. Try not to worry (too much!). You are starting the 4th day of your 2.75 dose. It usually takes 3 days or so to settle in to a new dose, but some cats take longer. Hang in there!
    :bighug::bighug::bighug:

LindyNova likes this.
  9. Elle D & Hugo

Elle D & Hugo Member

How are you guys today?

LindyNova likes this.
  10. LindyNova

Good start to the day...she is in yellows at amps & +3. Will test again @ +5 and so on.

Thank you so much for checking in. :bighug:
    Thank you! :bighug:

Nova sure is a bouncy girl! It's hard not to rush, and get all frustrated. But I will stay the course. Thinking I may need to extend the 7-day rule. :)