5/1 Archie AMPS 639; +3 169

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by cmb, Jan 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cmb

cmb Member

Hi,

we heard back from our usual vet and contrary to the hospital vet she said to adjust insulin dosage based on levels. Her answer came a wee late, so I think he's bouncing the second time after we have him 1U in the morning when he read 300. Sigh.

About the current 169 - should we give a bit of carbs to bring him up or just ride it out. We can't do any more tests until +10 today. It seems like a steep drop. Any thoughts?

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

cmb likes this.
  3. Nan & Amber (GA)

Nan & Amber (GA) Well-Known Member

I agree, a bit of food to keep him safe just in case.

Looking at the spreadsheet, Archie does seem to go for big drops followed by big bounces, but next time you see a drop this big, I would re-test. It could have been a bad strip.

Love Archie's sweet little face in the avatar, by the way! He looks very wise here...

cmb likes this.
  4. Nan & Amber (GA)

Nan & Amber (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh, and I just read your last condo. On the front leg shiver: my Amber does that, too. The vet has never figured out what causes it. The usual guess would be diabetic neuropathy, but I don't think that's it in this case-- none of the usual hind leg problems, and in any case she's been on B12 for pancreatitis.

5. cmb

cmb Member

Oh, okay, thanks @Nan & Amber! I just ordered Zobaline, and maybe it helps with his weakened hind legs (they've always kind of been like that).

6. cmb

cmb Member

Haha, he does have a bit of Yoda ears in the photo :cat:

Nan & Amber (GA) likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.