? 5/11 Phoebe Squeak AMPS 345 +6 362 PMPS 316

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by J.J. and Phoebe Squeak, May 11, 2019.

1. J.J. and Phoebe Squeak

J.J. and Phoebe Squeak Well-Known Member

Hi, I'm a newbie but from the advice I've been given I guess this is still a bounce for Phoebe Squeak? I don't understand why her AM numbers are so much higher than her PM numbers. Would it still be a food spike at +6 when she ate her whole meal right after her AM shot?
    Tonight's shot will be the 6th one since I lowered the dose. If she's still high should I try a fat 1 -- something between 1U and 1.25? All advice appreciated. Thanks.
    Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend. Meow for now. >^..^<

Last edited: May 11, 2019
  2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Bounces can take six cycles to resolve, hopefully that means action tonight. If not and if you are following TR, I would try @.25 units again. Could you please put your dosing method in your signature?

Do you feed the same in the AM and PM? Smaller multiple meals are better than one large meal at preshot time.

She has had some lower AM numbers. I wouldn't bother trying to interpret numbers during a bounce, they just wobble around.

3. Wendy&Neko

4. J.J. and Phoebe Squeak

Thank you. I feed her 3 small meals 1 meal after am shot one at +6 and another after PM shot and then one smaller "snack just before bed (about +4 or +5 PM)Thank you.
    This is what I read that made me afraid to go back up to 1.25U..."If an attempted reduction fails, go right back up to the last good dose as soon as you see kitty's numbers trending upwards. You don't have to hold the reduced dose for a certain number of cycles before taking the dose right back up. The guidelines listed under the topic "Increasing the dose" do not apply to a failed reduction. Please use common sense in this situation. The "last good dose" is not the dose that just dropped kitty into the 20s or 30s. You want to resume momentum by finding an in-between the dose." And 1.25 made her drop into the 30's on a human meter, so I thought I should try to find something between the 2 doses. Thanks for info about previous threads and I'll add TR to my signature. I really appreciate your help.

5. Wendy&Neko

You can try just fattening the dose,

6. J.J. and Phoebe Squeak

Thank you. I already gave PM shot before I saw this, but I'll do that for today's PM shot.