5/12 A2 Gizmo AMPS 436 | +4 345 | +9 336 | PMPS 283 | +2 208 | +5 83 | +6 99

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by tobakett, May 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tobakett

tobakett Member

Last post (5/9) http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/5-9-a2-gizmo-amps-298-pmps-435.195327

Ugh, life has been so busy that I have updated the spreadsheet but not posted. Work is being super micromanaging and dumb and I've just been out of energy to "people", even online.

Seems that last curve might have been a fluke. Gizmos numbers are still pretty high even with mid cycle spot checks. Hes still doing his best to water a football field with his pee output, but no luck on getting a pee test yet. The first try he kicked the strip out of my hand, so I tried the ladle/spoon idea and he responded by sitting onto it and spilling it and now holds himself millimeters away from the litter as he pees while he locks eyes on me with angry flat ears.

Apparently I have found this cats limit, and stealing his pee is it. :p:woot:

I will probably need to get one of those blood ketone testers but that might have to be a month or two away. Just got our utility bill and with the cold snap we had last month and with us just moving in it is a giant bill that is gonna make the next month or two difficult. Quite happy I stocked up on food and splurged on the human tracker when I did!

His mood and stuff has been fine. He got super insistent about food last night about +2 and so I hid the mice and did their puzzle.

No break ins of the auto feeder yet. I'm honestly amazed, with how much he has destroyed other things for less reward in an attempt to get to something he wanted. But then again, since he KNOWS it will eventually open without him having to do anything, maybe that's enough to make him decide its not worth the effort? Who knows what goes on in that little walnut brain o_O

Amanda & Shmee likes this.
  2. Osha

Osha Well-Known Member

That is good he hasn't broken into the feeder yet. I hope it will stay that way.

Sorry he isn't being cooperative with letting you catch his pee. I do enjoy having the blood ketone meter and not having to wait for Osha to pee to test. Hopefully you will be able to get one soon.

Gizmo, please come down and show momma bean so prettier colors.

3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

One member here used washed lentils in a plastic bag lined litter box. Lentils (or aquarium gravel) don't absorb liquid. She would put her kitty in a room with the box right after a meal, which was when he liked to go. And he would usually oblige within a few minutes. Then she could just tip the box to get the lee. Some people put some Saran Wrap on or near the top to trap the precious gold liquid. :p

If you can monitor tomorrow, i'd be tempted to increase tonight. You've held this dose longer than TR suggests.

4. tobakett

tobakett Member

Yeah...its been a week. I think the curve last week was just a fluke to get my hopes up, lol.

So I would increase to 1.75 right? Its .25 for each step except coming down those last tiny steps if I comprehended everything correctly. I will be home nearly all of tomorrow....although I will be gone at nadir which is my biggest worry, but they will have the auto feeder. BF surprised me with a mani/pedi appointment tomorrow at noon (nadir is 12:30).

LizzieInTexas likes this.
  5. Wendy&Neko

BF is a keeper! Test before you go and you may decide to put slightly higher carb food in the feeder if you need to. You could even increase to 1.75 tonight if you are up for it.

6. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

It's a Gizmo thang :D:joyful:.

:bighug::bighug:

7. tobakett

tobakett Member

Decided to take the plunge and up to 1.75 tonight. He going down by about 40 an hour it seems..took a nice long bubble bath where he came in quite often to make sure I didn't drown. Now that I'm done I think I'm gonna pop in a movie and hang out with him a bit and get a +6 just before his midnight meal to see if we need to bump up the carbs a little. Debating if I want to use the prescription food hes lackluster about or just crumble a temptation treat over his normal dinner if need be.

Hes acting totally normal so I'm not super worried, but gonna probably stay up at least until I see his numbers start going the other direction so that I know we are past the deep end.

8. Wendy&Neko

Awesome, I'd give him a couple tsps of his regular low carb food to see if you can get him to surf, or hang out in these healing numbers.

9. tobakett

tobakett Member

Lol, you may be his best friend...hes already begging for food so this might just make his night :p

10. Wendy&Neko

Don't overfeed, in case you need him hungry later. Sorry Gizmo.

11. tobakett

tobakett Member

Yeah I just gave him about 1/4-1/3 the amount he usually gets for his late evening meal, probably about maybe a tablespoon of food total. He typically wolf's down the whole meal in about 5-10 minutes and will occasionally still beg me for a treat on the way to bed or out the door. Hes a heck of a good eater when it's not prescription food.

Seeing as he already finished the tiny portion and is already perched back on the couch with me eyeing my own late night snack I don't think I'll need to worry about getting him to eat later :)

12. tobakett

tobakett Member

Our PJ party :) 20180513_001718.jpg

Wendy&Neko likes this.
  13. tobakett

tobakett Member

+6 99! Should I feed him the rest of his meal now since this would be his normal time?

14. Wendy&Neko

Yes, I would feed as usual.

tobakett likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.