5/12 Turner (alphatrack) AMPS: 259 +2: 232 +4: 197 +6 187 +8 178 PMPS: 186 +2: 155 +9: 173

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by smilelari, May 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smilelari

smilelari Member

Posted yesterday because we had a lower than normal preshot number. Went ahead with the normal dose. And, today we're back to yellow :/ So I think we'll be bumping up to 4.5u tonight (will be doing a curve today -- it's early, so hopefully we get some blue later this morning). We've had him at this dose for 7 days now. Went a little long after seeing a bit of a bounce and some blue.

Really hoping to hit a top dose soon...

Oh! And his ears seem to be pretty sore. Any suggestions?

Yesterday's quick post

2. smilelari

smilelari Member

Down to 178. Seems pretty late in the day for the numbers to still be going down. Hmmmm

3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

It looks like he is clearing a bounce and may keep sliding down to PMPS.

Do you use neosporin with pain relief on his ears? I always put a tiny dab on Furball's ear after each test. If you put too much on it can keep the blood drop from forming though. So some people just put it on at night after their last test.

Also, do you make sure you hold a tissue or something on his ear for about 15-20 seconds to stop the bleeding after each test?

4. smilelari

smilelari Member

If he's clearing a bounce, is it ok to go ahead and bump up the dose, or should we hold for another couple cycles?

We don't do any of the above. Poor kitty :/ He's such a good sport though. We'll start applying pressure and maybe get some neosporin

5. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

It's not a good idea to increase the dose during the same cycle he's clearing a bounce. The downward momentum of the bounce clearing combined with the dose increase could make him go down really fast and go too low. Unless he comes up by PMPS, I'd wait until tomorrow morning before you increase.

6. smilelari

smilelari Member

Thanks! Will do.

7. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

Hi Lari.

Turner looked pretty good today. I know the numbers were dropping, but when you consider meter variance, he was actually pretty flat. That's a good thing. I agree with Carla that you probably should wait to see what he does tonight before increasing the dose. He may let you know he's just fine with this one! ;)

8. smilelari

smilelari Member

Still looking pretty good. PMPS 186. A lot of blue today. Yay! I'll see how he's doing at +2 or +3

9. smilelari

smilelari Member

Thanks for the help guys! Deciding when to increase is kind of hard

10. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

Really, you're pretty much okay either way. I don't know what your schedule is like, but if it's easier to monitor on the weekend, you could stick with this dose one more day, then increase Saturday if you feel it's needed. Or you could go up tomorrow morning. I know it's not an easy call.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.