5/13/18 /Ravan/+4 498/+8 409/pmps 486/+5 196

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by JoyBee&Ravan, May 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Ravan is breaking his bounces faster now. But this dose got him not the 50's yesterday. So that's what type of nadirs this dose is capable of.

3. JoyBee&Ravan

@Wendy&Neko
    I never changed his dose it's still 1.5

Yesterday I gave him FF but his bg kept going down till 7am. I'll need to stay up checking him again?

I've been up all night with my other cat . She started crying out using the litter box. I have no idea what's going on She's been OK. Doesn't appear to be constipated.I might need to take her to Emergency Clinic.

Last edited: May 13, 2018
    Reason for edit: correct
  4. JoyBee&Ravan

Will Ravan's bg keep going high everytime his bg goes down low?

Judy and Boomer likes this.
  5. JoyBee&Ravan

5am I didn't give any food till after this test so it looks like he's going up bg 122 I need to sleep!

6. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

JoyBee, wow look at Raven go! His SS shows how important midcycle tests are. With just the PS numbers, you would think he was high all the time and needed more insulin. You’re doing a great job with him. How are you and your other kitty? I hope you are able to get some rest today.

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  7. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Yes this will happen for a while. We refer to it as a bounce. When the kitty's BG goes down quickly or goes lower than normal (doesn't have to be really low, just lower than normal) the body panics and thinks the kitty is having a hypo and drops glucose into the system, causing the numbers to go up. Unfortunately this doesn't happen quickly enough to actually help a kitty that is actually having a hypo. As Ravan spends more time in lower numbers his body will get used to it and not "panic" so easily. You can already see that his bounces are breaking quicker now.

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  8. Judy and Boomer

Looks like he's already starting to come down from the bounce. He has quick bounces these days.

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  9. JoyBee&Ravan

Judy and Boomer likes this.
  10. Judy and Boomer

A week ago he wasn't spending any time in blue and green. Now he is but the result is a bounce. Don't worry, it will get better with consistent dosing. His body will get more used to the greens and blues and won't react so dramatically.

How are you feeling JoyBee? I hope you've been able to get some sleep.

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.