5/13 A2 Gizmo AMPS 155/173 | +1 118 | +2 117 | +4 63 | +5 84 | +9 420 | +10 369 | PMPS 390 | +3 247

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by tobakett, May 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tobakett

tobakett Member

Yesterdays adventure: http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...-4-345-9-336-pmps-283-2-208-5-83-6-99.195480/

He's at 155 this morning...I have no idea what to do for shooting!!! I'm tempted to go back to the 1.5 I was doing since I'm worried 1.75 is too much given last nights PJ party. But I'm also very groggy and half awake.

I wont be home for +6, BF surprised me with a mani/pedi appointment at +5.5 so we have to leave between +4.5 and +5 and probably won't be home until about +7 - +7.5

Experienced members, thoughts? Hes currently knocking over everything in my bedroom demanding breakfast so his mood/alertness are just fine.

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

If you're doing SLGS, he earned a reduction back to 1.5units last night with the 83. I'd shoot the 1.5 as long as he is eating for you. Can you leave a snack out for him before you leave for your appointment if he needs it?

3. tobakett

tobakett Member

After just one dose he can earn a reduction? We just tried the 1.75 for the first time at PM shoot last night and that's when he got a nice nadir, but I misunderstood the post and thought we had to hold the dose for a week before reduction.

I actually just stepped away to retest him and at 6:50 (so...+.33?) He was at 173 so I gave him breakfast which he is eating like crazy and gave him the 1.75 since I didn't see this post, thinking I just needed to keep it steady and give it time :confused:

Luckily he polished off his breakfast no problem and even started trying to steal Widgets (civvie) too so I shooed him off but he should eat more if I need him to take in some carbs. I'll be retesting him as much as I can. Push comes to shove I can cancel the nail appointment if he is dipping too low :(

I did do 1/2 can of Fancy Feast mixed with 1/8 can BFF for Bfast instead of 1/4 can Friskies mixed with 1/8 can BFF as a celebratory meal. He loves Fancy Feast like crazy but my budget doesn't allow it every day so I buy a 30 pack and toss it in the mix as a treat once in a while and to help perk him up if he starts getting bored or grumpy with the Friskies.

Last edited: May 13, 2018
    Reason for edit: Updated Bfast info
  4. carfurby (GA)

He should be okay. If you were doing TR, you would have held the dose. With SLGS he earned the reduction. You don't have to wait a week, you take the reduction right away. Some cats earn reductions right away when you increase the dose. Sometimes you have to go back and forth between doses.

Since this is your first time shooting a blue PS number, I'd get a +1 and a +2 to see what he's going to do today. He could bounce from the green last night.

5. carfurby (GA)

Don't be hard on yourself for shooting the same dose. He will be fine. It's all a learning experience and now you know for next time.

6. tobakett

tobakett Member

Mmkay. I am hoping to switch to TR just have been afraid to take the leap so I guess this a good crash course :p

Plus I needed to get some cleaning done so its definitely fixed the problem of going back to bed and snoozing away the morning. Next time my mom asks how I've managed to learn to keep my house so clean I'm gonna have to credit the Diabetes :woot:

carfurby (GA) likes this.
  7. tobakett

tobakett Member

118 at +1, quite a drop (I think?) :nailbiting: he got a couple of PureBite shrimp with testing. Let's see how +2 goes.

8. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

I certainly can't credit diabetes for keeping my house clean. I can credit it for all the clutter in the kitchen.

Gizmo be nice. Mom deserves the mani pedi.

MyTitan (GA) likes this.
  9. tobakett

tobakett Member

Decided this was the perfect time to finally sit down and label all the emergency food so I know right away what the carb % are
    20180513_081552.jpg

MyTitan (GA) likes this.
  10. tobakett

tobakett Member

117 at +2

I haz momma bean pride. :cat:

Think I'm gonna keep an eye on him but give him a break until +4 unless he does something weird.

11. tobakett

tobakett Member

Oooof 63 at +4 slow down there buddy, it's too chilly to be diving...

Just mixed up their normal +6 meal and gave each of them about a tablespoon worth (about a quarter of the normal portion) will retest in 15 mins to see how that treats him.

Still acting normal. He was napping, but he normally naps and the moment I got up and grabbed the treat bag and sat down on the couch by the tester he made a speedy beeline so hes still quite alert.

I am thinking of he isnt much higher in 15 minutes I may give him another quarter portion with a single temptation treat crushed and sprinkled over it rest again just before I have to head out the door, then put the last half with another treat crushed and sprinkled on it to open up in an hour while I am away if need be.

I have 13% carb, 20% carb and 24% carb wet food on hand too. Not sure what the best game plan is here.

12. tobakett

tobakett Member

15 mins after eating and hes still at 63....and I'm supposed to leave in 10-15 mins...not sure what to do :(

13. carfurby (GA)

He is surfing in safe numbers, but if you are worried you can carb him up so you can leave. Do you know what carb % usually brings his numbers up?

14. tobakett

tobakett Member

Unfortunately not, I've never had to bring him up before.

I know early on I gave him like 1-2 temptations treats to bribe him for testing and he had really high numbers and that's how I found out they were high carb (I thought low calorie meant the carbs couldnt be too bad) hence why I figure just crushing a single treat in top of his food will mean he gets carbs without getting full and not wanting to eat. I do not know how much that spike had to do with the treats versus just it being early on and him bouncing though.

Hes happily playing with cat toys right now so hes definitely feeling good. Giving the BF a crash course on testing and hes going to just stay here with him and I'm going to go alone to the salon so that someone stays home with him. So I will be silent for the next 2ish hours but he will have someone keeping an eye on him.

LizzieInTexas likes this.
  15. carfurby (GA)

I'm glad you worked things out. He is in safe numbers in the 60s. He should be okay. If you BF feeds him a little he should keep surfing.

16. tobakett

tobakett Member

I just got a +4.5 on the way out the door to make sure the BF knew the steps and hes up to 78, so not gonna carb him up at all. Told the BF to test him in a half hour and check in with me then.

carfurby (GA) likes this.
  17. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Awesome cycle today. :D:cool: It looks like Gizmo might likes to nadir a little earlier than mid cycle. Good info to know when you are planning activities for you. Unless of course Gizmo decides to mix it up. :cat:

18. tobakett

tobakett Member

Nail salon took longer than expected so I didn't get home until just now (+9) and now hes at 420.

BF tested him at +5 and he was at 84 so I had him feed him the remaining amount of his food at +6 but did not test again since I thought I would be home by +7.

Not sure what to do about his dose going forward. Part of me wants to play it safe and ease back to 1.5 since i work all week and he will be alone but if 1.5 isnt high enough to heal him but 1.75 is risk of hypo while I'm gone...I'm stumped.

19. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Any chance of getting a +1 or 2 before you leave for work? Gizmo let's you know by then if he's going down. If you see that, you can out higher carb food in his autofeeder for around +3-5.

20. tobakett

tobakett Member

Unfortunately with my current schedule I can't. And the way its looming its gonna be at least a month or two before they hire a new person to offset the short staffing.

Just did +10 and hes at 369 so his body is calming down at least. Given his trend for today if his number is above 200 in the morning I can probably keep him at the 1.75 and just set the auto feeder to open at +4 instead of +6. I'll do the 1.75 tonight and see how it goes and figure from there. This could be new dose wonkiness, right?

21. tobakett

tobakett Member

Hrm, title wont let me update but got a +11 and hes at 364

22. tobakett

tobakett Member

PMPS was 390, +3 247. Did 1.75 for night time to see how it goes.

Since I can't get the +1 in the morning before work, I am thinking of he is over 200 I will shoot at 1.75. If he is under 200 I will do 1.5 just to play it safe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.