? 5/13 Max amps 246, +2 243, pmps 145, +2 181, +4.5 153 and vomit

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by MindyC, May 13, 2019.

1. MindyC

MindyC Member

2. MindyC

MindyC Member

So...how do you know that a reduction has failed? Overall, he’s a little higher than he was on his previous dose. I know it’s still early to tell, and since I wonder if his last reduction was earned because of nausea, I don’t want to increase him tomorrow or anything. I’m just wondering what the prevailing wisdom is about how/when to push him back up to .75U.

3. MindyC

MindyC Member

Crud. Pretty sure he can’t handle adequan. Despite giving him pepcid when I gave him the shot, he just threw up what was left in his stomach. He didn’t eat second dinner although he’d been at the feeder looking for food about a half hour before it was due to turn. :-(

4. Christie & Maverick

Christie & Maverick Well-Known Member

Hi Mindy, sorry to see Max is maybe not handling the adequan, I don't have any experience there to share unfortunately. So I'll try and give you some thoughts on the question of failed reduction.

So, it seems to me that Max bounced the pm cycle of May 11th from the lows of May 10th pm, then got into some nice blues. Your am to +2 today may have meant some mid-cycle action, and seeing a lower pm preshot makes me wonder a little if he cleared the bounce earlier today. But, the fact that he's been having some upset tummy issues would make me pause, I'm not sure how that might influence things.

Today is the sixth cycle since the low, what you want to look for is where the numbers are at, and if trending up, having given time for a bounce to clear, and not seeing greens again, then it would be a failed reduction. But I'm not sure what he might have done earlier today. I wonder if your low of pm May 10th was still a bit of the 1u depot talking? It might be worth seeing if his tummy settles down, and how he does tomorrow, and if still no greens, may be time to bump back up to 0.75u the following day. Hope he feels better soon.

MindyC likes this.
  5. MindyC

MindyC Member

Thank you. I was wondering about what happened during the day yesterday as well, but obviously have no way of knowing. Not seeing greens is what has me wondering. I should be home early enough today to get a test before pmps, but I don't know what time.

He's still a bit unsettled tummy-wise, I think. I'm going to call the vet today and see what they have to say about it. He's not been awesome about using the litter box in the last 24 hours either. I really wanted the adequan to work because if his hips are causing some of the LB issues, we need to fix it, potential kidney damage or no. My husband is ready to toss him out over it. I do think the LB issues we've had in the last 2 days may have something to do with his BG numbers being higher. When he was hitting greens, we didn't have any issues.