5/13 Ming PMPS = 342

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Crista & Ming, May 13, 2019.

1. Crista & Ming

Crista & Ming Well-Known Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/5-11-ming-pmps-299-amps-92-2-221-5-302-8-247.214340/

MAY 12:
    PMPS = 340, +6 =239, +8 = 149

Ming's doing his puking thing again. And pilling cerenia to a puking cat is just counterintuitive. I'll try to give him another cerenia once he settles down. He spat the whole thing out and started foaming because of the taste. I initially wrapped the pill in some food but he didn't want food anymore.

At times like these, I wish I had injectable cerenia. I'm wondering if it's doable to keep a bit of cerenia in the fridge for occasions like this, even if it ends up being a waste.

Last edited: May 13, 2019
  2. Crista & Ming

I gave 0.85 mL of ondansetron SQ at 2:20 AM. Puking started at 1 AM. Right now he's loafing on his windowsill bed, probably feeling crummy. Will check BG at 3 AM and decide if I can sleep tonight :woot: I don't think I'll try cerenia until tomorrow AM.

3. Crista & Ming

AMPS = 86

Ming wasn’t really eating this morning. Only a few bites and I just wasn’t comfortable giving the full 6.5 units since my mom isn’t going to be home the whole time. I reduced to 6 units to keep safe.

I did his PS test 3 times starting from 45 minutes before shot time and all three times I got 86. I was hoping to see a rise and I would’ve MAAAYBE shot 6.5 units? If I were home to monitor, I’d shoot 6.5.

Sigh. Ming, just eat all your food please!!

I didn’t pill cerenia because I think I missed my chance. He’s not wanting to eat anymore and I don’t want to shove it in his mouth. I’ll try again in an hour and see.

4. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA) Well-Known Member

Come on Ming, Crista prepared you a nice breakfast; have a few bites ! :)
    Stay safe, no sharkies!:D

Crista & Ming likes this.
  5. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

Poor little Ming, I hope his tummy feels better soon. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

6. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

My vet offered me some prefilled cerenia syringes. I'm sure yours would do the same.

Feel better Ming.

7. Crista & Ming

Yes! My tech coworker suggested I put the amount of cerenia I wanted in a glass test tube and wrap it with vet wrap and store it in the fridge. But I ended up taking the rest of the hospital's bottle of cerenia home. I'm estimating there's probably enough for 2 doses of cerenia for Ming and it expires at the beginning of June. At work, we don't use the bottle past 28 days. Is that correct all around?

I gave Ming a generous dose of ondansetron ~1 mL/whatever was left in the vial that I could draw up and one dose of cerenia all SQ. I was initially just going to hold off on meds tonight since my mom said he ate well today but she said he was loafing around the house so I'd rather be safe than sorry. I gave 0.4 mL of bupe this morning but I won't give any right now and observe him. I wonder if the bupe made him loaf-y or if it's because he was feeling crummy.

Otherwise, it's back to 6.5 units tonight. PMPS = 342.