5/14 Billie PMPS 301 +6 157

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Deanna & Billie, May 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deanna & Billie

Deanna & Billie Well-Known Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/5-9-billie-amps-246-4-310-pmps-370.195370/#post-2187236

The methylpred really seemed to be helping Billie's triaditis...her jaundice is 90% gone and her appetite has been spectacular. Unfortunately, it seems that her heart couldn't tolerate the med. We ended up at the ER tonight after I noticed her respiratory effort increasing through the evening, with noticeable abdominal breathing. She had pleural effusion. They did a chest tap and were able to remove most of the fluid. They also gave her a dose of Lasix. She has an appointment with her cardiologist tomorrow. Her abdomen was clear...no ascites. She had been looking much less bloated over the past couple days anyway. So, that must have been unrelated or maybe just bloating from the increased amount of food and water she has been eating and drinking.

I feel so bad for her. So many ER trips. I have to wonder if the pleural effusion was starting last week when her respirations spiked and we went to the ER, and maybe the doctor missed it. I'm at a loss for what to do now...I will see what her cardiologist and IM say, but my guess is that the cyclosporine is going to be our only option for her triaditis at this point (if it is triaditis and not cancer). And we're going to be treating heart disease again. I'm going to take it one day at a time and pay attention to her quality of life.

She ate and drank a lot when she got home. She seems less lethargic, although post-ER kitty rage sure can wake you up. She's pacing around the apartment now, making sure everything is where she left it. I'm waiting to see if she will settle down, then maybe will sleep for a few hours.

Update: She's lying down next to DBF and seems comfortable. Her respirations are significantly better than they were earlier. Time for bed.

Any vines and/or advice is much appreciated :bighug::bighug::bighug:

2. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Vines and :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Deanna & Billie likes this.
  3. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

:bighug::bighug:

Vines and prayers. I hope she is feeling better and you got some rest.

4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending prayers. I hope you were all able to get some rest last night. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

5. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Healing vines to Billie.

6. Shoeskitty-GA

Shoeskitty-GA Well-Known Member

No advice, just vines, prayers and hugs!:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

7. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Sending a ton of vines for Billie.

8. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Sending vines and prayers. It’s good her kidneys allow lasix. Max couldn’t have it. It will be needed at times or the fluid might return. I’m so sorry you have this to deal with but with you on her team I think she will be up for the challenge. :bighug:

9. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Vines for Billie.:bighug::bighug:

10. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

More vines and prayers for Billie, and :bighug::bighug::bighug: for you, lots of them.

11. Deanna & Billie

Deanna & Billie Well-Known Member

Thank you all so much for the vines, prayers, and hugs :bighug::bighug::bighug: You're all the most wonderful people.

Billie is doing considerably better than last night. Her breathing is stable. She went for an echo with her cardiologist today. Unfortunately, it does look like her heart wasn't tolerating the steroid well. Her cardiologist said that the walls are not thickened (like they were when she had myocarditis), but the chambers are enlarged. Luckily, there was only a very small amount of fluid today, which means her chest didn't fill back up after the tap last night. And she didn't see any evidence of blood clots forming. Billie is going to stay on a low dose of furosemide for now (6.25 mg once a day). Her cardiologist said that from a cardiac perspective, this is manageable. But, we might be out of options for her liver disease/triaditis since the steroid is out. They did bloodwork which we will get back tomorrow to see where her liver values are at and to make sure her kidneys are okay for the furosemide. Her cardiologist will be consulting with her IM, and we'll see what they say.

Definitely taking it one day at a time...for tonight, I'm happy she's home, breathing, and eating. So far, her appetite is still strong. She also got pretty curious about a tire I ordered that arrived today! :cat: This is where she decided to hang out and groom the vetty smell away after we got home. I don't think I can put it on my car...I think it's hers now, and it will just have to stay in the apartment. :cat: 0515181740b.jpg

12. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad Billie is home and breathing good and eating. I hope you can find a good treatment plan and balance everything out. How cute on the tire. Sending prayers.

13. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

A new place to hang why wouldn't she like it. Hope Dr comes up with a plan for her.

14. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Sorry the pred didn't work out for Billie. Neko couldn't have it for her lymphoma either.

Love the tire shot. Neko really liked the smell of a tire on DH's air compressor. Used to rub on it all the time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.