5/14 Yoyo AMPS 140,+1 132,+2 108,+3 97,+4 108,+6 180,PMPS 242,+2.5 219,+4.5 154,+6.5 148

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Debra and Yoyo, May 14, 2019.

1. Debra and Yoyo

Debra and Yoyo Well-Known Member

2. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

That's a beautiful blue start to the day Yoyo! :cool:

3. Debra and Yoyo

I hope Yoyo stays away from the sharks and no repeat of yesterday. Here's hoping Leo and Yoyo play safely today!

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Good job handling things yesterday. I hope Yoyo surfs safely today.

5. Debra and Yoyo

Thank you....it was another learning curve for me.

6. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice start for Yoyo, maybe a couple of Greens also today !! :D:D

7. Debra and Yoyo

Only safe greens allowed.
    I hope Ti-Mousse comes down for you, yellow is too bright- blue is just right!

8. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Well..he was evidently done with green early but he cleared that mini bounce fast and without too much drama!

9. Debra and Yoyo

And if I'm correct in saying, he is bouncing again? This AM cycle looks very similar to 5/12/19 AM cycle. I guess, maybe, he will bounce tonight and come back down tomorrow in the AM cycle?

Yesterday, I know he was recovering from a bounce, but would you also call that an overlap? Or do overlaps not happen with bounces? Don't know if I'll ever get the hang of this, but I sure am trying:)

You mentioned yesterday that you would tell me some things to help control lower numbers. I know I didn't get a +3, but I did get a +4, +5 etc.....I probably needed to give Yo some food at +5 and maybe I could have stopped the down spiral. Anything you can tell me, is appreciated.:cat:

10. Marje and Gracie

Lo and behold, when I looked at his linked SS, it’s different than on google drive. Several numbers were missing; we’ve been having issues with the linked SSs due to some issues on google so I put them back in and hopefully they will now show up on the linked SS. You might want to check that linked SS from time to time. If the numbers aren’t there or they are in pink, you’ll have to re-enter and re manually color them. I wish I knew why it was doing it but it’s a google glitch with some software changes they made.

So, now that I can see the entire picture, I want to revise what it looks like to me. Last night actually looks more like the HC nipped his duration and so he went up. The reason I say that is because he came right back down last night once he onset. No worries....that just sometimes happens with HC if you have to give it a few times. So I retract the bouncing scenario :rolleyes:

I’ve often thought that there are cycles where he nadirs early as in +3/+4 when he’s not clearing a bounce. He looks to me today like he’s just not holding onto his duration because he popped up so fast between +4 and +6. He could also potentially be starting a bounce from yesterday’s cycle; we will have to see where he goes from here the rest of this cycle. So, yes, you are correct....he might bounce tonight.

I wouldn’t call yesterday overlap in the true sense of the word. When they clear a bounce, they do look like they have overlap because the drop picks up steam when they onset but the “purist” in me says it’s just bounce clearing and not really overlap like you’d see in a tightly regulated cat.

I’m sorry I forgot to post some info yesterday. I’m trying to get ready to leave again :oops: However, when you see a big drop from PS to +2, you want to test at +3. I found that with Gracie, if she dropped more than an average of 50/hour, I needed to use more than LC with her to flatten out the curve early so she didn’t get into those 40s. But, to be very clear, that was her threshold and that doesn’t mean that applies to every cat. Each CG has to determine what it is for their cat. Also, when I say an “average”, that means she might have dropped 30 from PS to +1 and 70 from +1 to +2 but the scenario was a total of 100 mg/dL over two hours. I had to learn to feed her curve with whatever %carbs I needed to slow it down a bit. She never really needed more than 13% and a carb sensitive cat might not even need that.

You are already frontloading his cycle which is excellent but on days the he’s dropping alot by +2, you might want to try just a bit of MC to see if you can slow him down a bit without sending him skyrocketing. That’s the hard part.

11. Debra and Yoyo

Thank you for the advice, I'll remember the MC food earlier in the cycle and see what happens.

I haven't tested him yet, but if he is high, which I think he will be, can I shoot an hour earlier to get back on schedule?

12. Marje and Gracie

Yes I would do that.

13. Debra and Yoyo

Please tell me what "Frontloading" means.

14. Debra and Yoyo

I am not sure what you are referring to on the linked Ss and the Google SS...I don't see any pink areas.

15. Marje and Gracie

It means you feed the majority of his food spread across AMPS, +1, +2, +3 or a combination of those like AMPS +2, +3, etc. It helps when the insulin onsets...usually.

That’s because I already fixed it for you today :):):)

In the next day or so, click on the link to his SS in your signature block and I bet you’ll see some discrepancies. I’ve been trying to watch for them and fix them every few days. You won’t ever see them if you don’t look at the link via your signature block.

16. Debra and Yoyo

I see the discrepancies on my signature block but when I go to Google Drive and download Yoyo's SS those same spots have the correct color in those cells. I don't know how to correct the link on my signature block as I can't change or add anything from the signature block; I can only make changes from the Google Drive SS:eek::eek::eek:

17. Marje and Gracie

Exactly. That’s because the SS in google drive has not been embedded in a website. Google changed some software so embedding a link in a website, like we do with the signature block SS links, causes some weird effects.

What I do when I fix Yoyo’s SS for you is take my iPad to my computer, click on the SS link in your signature block, then open the SS in google drive and manually recolor all the aberrant cells that are on the SS copy linked in your signature. By having them together, you can see which ones are off and even though they look fine on the google drive SS, I still recolonization them manually on that SS which fixes the SS link in your signature. Also check to see if any numbers are missing.

You are correct that you can’t change the weird stuff directly on the SS link in your signature so you have to do it as I’ve described above even though it looks perfect on your google drive SS.

As Jill would say, “clear as mud?” :p

18. Debra and Yoyo

I opened my SS on my signature block and then I opened Google on my phone and I tried to correct the colors but it did not work for me. I even closed out of Google and I closed out of the signature block but nothing chagned accept one color went from a dark pink to a light pink on the signature block. This was on last nights cycle!

19. Debra and Yoyo

OMG.....is doesn't like me.....I did get the pinks to disappear from last night's cycle but on 5/13 AM cycle I cannot correct a lime green cell box to show the wording. All it shows is a solid lime green cell box and I cannot get the wording to appear no matter how many times I keep going back into Google, closing out of Google and reopening Google to see if the changes took...NOPE!

20. Marje and Gracie

It’s not automatic. It takes a while for the SS link to catch up. I just did the +10 cell on 5/13. You have to color the text white and then black again to get it to fix text. Your text was probably lime green by accident. I bet you thought you were selecting the cell to color lime green but selected the text instead. It happens :)

21. Debra and Yoyo

Thank you.....I just went back in because +2,+3 and +4 that I did today are not showing on the SS Signature block. I corrected it like you just told me.....I took the cell to a white color and I took the text to black. Then I took the text back to white and took the cell back to green. I don't see it changing on the signature block YET. Hopefully it will change.
    Do you think the problem is because I change the text to white with some of the cell colors?
    Does everyone have this issue?
    Has this been happening from way back or is this something that has just begun?

Marje and Gracie likes this.
  22. Marje and Gracie

It’s good now for those times. No, the problem has nothing to do with what you are doing. It seems to happen mostly with green and blue numbers where there is text in the cell in addition to the BG. I have seen it on other SSs. I have posted to Google about it but never got a response. I doubt they will fix the issue. It’s been about six months now that it’s been going on.

It’s a pain. I wish I could figure out why it happens to certain people but not to others. For instance, it doesn’t happen on Furball’s SS. And it doesn’t happen to every blue or green cell that you do on Yo’s where there is text as well. When I get back, I’m going to try and see if there is a pattern....perhaps the way the text is entered?