5/15 A2 Gizmo AMPS 395 | PMPS 204 | +2 141 | +3.5 105 | +5 94

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by tobakett, May 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tobakett

tobakett Member

"Yesterday" ( 5/13... skipped a day, but tracked on spreadsheet) : http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...4-63-5-84-9-420-10-369-pmps-390-3-247.195511/

HAHAHAHA I GOT HIS PEE I WON!!! :cool: I just changed the litterbox (for the second time this week :banghead: ) and he ran up to pee the moment I set it down so I just grabbed his tail and lifted and shoved the stick under before he knew what was up. By the time he gave me an indignant growl I was already counting to 15.

No ketones. :D

Also, I won :cool:

He still got a treat though. I'm benevolent like that. :p

Numbers have been getting a bit better. More green and blue, but still getting kinda high before some of the shots. Anytime he is at green at least 2 hours before +6 I give him a small snack to try and help him surf and hes been eating like a champ, even when jerkface neighbors set off fireworks at 2am last night and scared the heck out of his civvie sister (meaning he went into caretaker mode) :mad:

I need to find a cheaper litter option. The 30lb bag of crystal litter (that supposedly lasts 1 cat 8 months) has not even last these 2 cats 3 weeks. I had estimated I would get at least 6, if not a full 2 months out of it. Clumping litter is a no-go since anything clay based gets stuck in their fur and I worry about injesting. Not to mention the pain of trying to clean clay cement pee sludge.

I've heard good things about pairing the Breeze litterbox with equine pine pellets...has anyone here tried that? We have a few tractor supply's in the area, but I'm not sure on the logistics...do you still use the puppy pads? Can it be dumped/cleaned in the house with no mess? (Don't have access to an outside spigot yet at home, they still have to install one, and dont have a laundry washtub, just normal sink/bathtub) Does it control odor well? Easy to clean?

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

There are other clumping options, made with grass or corn or even walnut shells. I would definitely avoid clay. Once Gizmo is better regulated, the litter will last longer. I haven't used the Breeze system, but have used pine pellets. They are cheap, but I prefer clumping. Less waste.

I like the SS improvement with more blues and greens. :) His body will get used to them in time and learn to ditch those uglier colours.

3. tobakett

tobakett Member

Yeah, I think my big gravitation toward the pine is its 6 bucks for a 40lb bag of them at tractor supply. Right now I'm paying 40 bucks for a 30lb bag of crystal litter (which honestly I LOVE, I just scoop poops every morning into a small trash bag and stir up the pee and works great for keeping track of if everyone is pooping well and healthy), it's just his pee output is so off the walls that the box is saturated in like 4-5 days versus the 10-15 days it used to last. But I've tested both him and civvie and no ketones, so I'm guessing between his unregulatedness and them adjusting to an all wet diet it's just way more pee than usual. But 60-80 bucks a month for litter is bananas, no matter how much I like it. The other alternatives seem to be kinda pricey too, though I haven't researched them much so I dont know if the higher price tag lasts longer or what?

I tried toilet training once, it failed since ex hubby refused to help keep to the program, I think I might still have the kit though...

4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

You can also get pine pellets in some hardware stores, sold as stove pellets. Here they are under $8 for a 40 lb bag. You could try them as an experiment without the Breeze system.

Funny story, my aunt kept on seeing pee in the toilet and blamed my uncle for not flushing. One time the door was open and she heard pee, yelled at him but it was the cat. Learned all by herself. :woot:

5. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

What a wonderful improvement !

Great job getting the ketone test! I never could catch Bubba in the box so I had to go to a ketone meter.

I wish I could find the litter that would get my cat Forrest back in the box.

@Wendy&Neko , actress Evan Rachel Wood from the West World series was on the Ellen show a few months back, and was telling :

"One day I was working at the computer at my home and I hear someone peeing in my toilet," she recalled during a recent interview with chat show host Ellen DeGeneres. "I live alone, so obviously I'm alarmed because (I thought) there's a very strange burglar who's decided to use my bathroom."

"I leap up and I see my cat using the toilet," she added. "I did not teach him to do this. He just did this one day and surprised me."
    The 30-year-old was so taken aback, she took a photo and commissioned a local artist to create a painting of the puss on the potty.

https://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00118800.html

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.