? 5/15 Phoebe Squeak AMPS 287 +3 255 advice on dosing please

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by J.J. and Phoebe Squeak, May 15, 2019.

1. J.J. and Phoebe Squeak

J.J. and Phoebe Squeak Well-Known Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...12-amps-377-not-a-bounce.214371/#post-2374844
    Hi, and thank you to anyone who is reading this. Phoebe Squeak went hypo (64 pet meter, 36 human meter) on a dose of 1.25U, so I went down to 1U and it was a failed reduction, so now I'm trying a f1, but today was dose 6 of f1 and she's still yellow. I have calipers arriving Sat so I'll be able to fine tune the dose, but I don't know what else to do because TR states you should not go back to the dose that made them drop into the 30's on human meter. Any and all advice appreciated. Thanks!
    P.S. Meeting new vet Dr. tomorrow.

2. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA) Well-Known Member

You're doing great! For dosing you followed TR instructions:
    1.25u brought her to a very low number;
    reduced to 1u which did not worked;
    increased to f1u for 6 cycles (which is not the dose that dropped her);
    Myself, I would try again 1.25u, but it is only my own opinion! I'm sure someone qualified will give you a good advice!

You will love calipers, I can't imagine dosing without them anymore ! Hope you and Phoebe like the new vet tomorrow! :)

3. J.J. and Phoebe Squeak

Thank you so much. I'm glad you are feeling better today. Hope Ti-Mousse and Phoebe Squeak give us some green soon! >^..^<

4. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Well....
    If it's a failed reduction, I believe you can go back to the last good dose. I would have done exactly what you did -- try a "fat" dose. Given that you've spent the requisite 3 days at the current dose, I'd go back to the 1.25u. dose tonight.

5. J.J. and Phoebe Squeak

Thank you very much for your help. I am also tempted to go back to 1.25. This is the line that scared me in the TR protocol: The "last good dose" is not the dose that just dropped kitty into the 20s or 30s. And she did drop into the 30's on 1.25. All things considered, do you think I should try 1.25 again?

6. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

It’s been a week since you did the 1.25 units. It didn't “just drop her”. This time it might work. But I would only go up if you can monitor closely. I see a few cycles on the spreadsheet recently with only the preshot test and then no other.

7. J.J. and Phoebe Squeak

Good advice, thank you very much.