5/15 Titan AMPS 181, +3 234. PMPS 176 Vet visit

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by MyTitan (GA), May 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MyTitan (GA)

MyTitan (GA) Well-Known Member

Titan 5/13
    Happy Twosday to everyone, Titan had his vet visit yesterday and we discussed his weakening in the rear legs and hips. He still motors fine, just a little slower and he kinda looks like a "low rider" as me moves along. Dr Becky watched him ambulate for a while and didnt think he was in any pain as he moved around the office easily. We talked about his BM and peeing in random spots around the house and she thinks it may have more to do with the tumor growth pressing on the brain causing random acts of not normal behavior. We talked about pain meds and prednisone. He responded well last tyme we used prednisone on his skin rash, BG wise and mobility. Dr Becky thinks it may help with the swelling around the tumor. So long story longer we are going to try a course of pred first and see if that improves things at all (I know it's a temporary resolve but may buy us more tyme ) if not we will try pain meds to keep his quality of life as good as we can. BTW his blood work was very good, it looks as though the RBC's are doing great, I'll post the results on his lab template.
    Additional, looks like the pred is kicking in at the +3 :woot: as he moves higher. Have a good day, Ed .

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope the pred helps. I'm glad the vet doesn't think he is in pain when he walks.

3. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

Good luck!! Is that prednisone or prednisolone? Cats cannot process prednisone as is because it has to be converted to prednisolone in the body before it can be utilized.
    High five to Titan for the good labs!
    [​IMG]

MyTitan (GA) likes this.
  4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Interesting, I've never heard that before. More likely, the tumour can cause issues with vision or neurological issues. The pituitary is near the optic chiasm, hence possible issues there. Neurological issues, which aren't common - I've seen here just once, are more likely related to motion, such as circling. I've also never seen any acro tumour treated with pred.

Low rider is a perfect description of arthritis issues, which are common in acros. Did the vet check him physically, especially along the spine?

5. MyTitan (GA)

Hi Wendy and thank you for checking in. Dr Becky did not check him physically , just observed for a while as he motored around the office. I agree the pred is not for the tumor exactly just seeing if we can reduce some of the swelling, he responded so nicely when we treated his skin condition with pred. Just seeing if there is improvement. Dr Becky is totally on board with arthritis meds if this shows no improvement.

6. MyTitan (GA)

Lol , it's prednisolone but I've a devil of a tyme getting the iPad to accept that spelling so I gave up and went with prednisone. Technology humpppppppph !

Mandy & Rex (GA) likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.