5/16 Ming PMPS = 380 / AMPS = 491, +5 = 293 review my SS?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Crista & Ming, May 16, 2019.

1. Crista & Ming

Crista & Ming Well-Known Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/5-15-ming-pmps-322-5-74-hes-going-to-have-one-heck-of-a-bounce.214533/

Last night, Ming dived and not surprisingly, he bounced today.

@AliceMeowliss&Cassandra sorry I didn't update the thread last night! I only had enough energy to test Ming and put the numbers in the SS. Then I went straight to work but my mom and sister has been testing. Now I'm finally home and I'm hoping Ming gives us some nice numbers tonight!

It's the weekend for me! The week after next, I rotate back to night shifts which gives me more time to monitor Ming :D

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  2. Crista & Ming

It's been a while and I haven't been consistent in posting. Perhaps some expert eyes could look at Ming's SS and let me know if there's anything I should be doing differently (testing other times of the day, the dose, etc.)

I've been holding 6.5 u for a while (except the two times I reduced to 6 units for reasons like being unable to monitor and Ming not eating).

3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

You have been holding the 6.5 unit dose a while. If you can monitor more now, I would try an increase to see if you can add more green to the picture. With TR, you don't want to hold the doses overly long.

As for testing, a goal should be to try to identify when he is going to do big drops (last night as an example), and try to give him some food to try to slow down those fast drops. Those steep drops often cause worse bounces, as you saw this morning.

4. Crista & Ming

Okay, I can probably increase either tomorrow morning or night to 6.75 units. I'm going to be safe and increase by 0.25 u increments for now.

And okay about feeding :D Last night's drop was VERY unexpected. I asked my mom if she was sure she gave 6.5 units. I usually do feed again at the +3 or +4 mark before the usual +5 test. Last night, I fed at +3 when I came home from work.

I thought I had figured out Ming's onset until last night haah! I guess it wouldn't hurt to maybe get a +3 in the upcoming cycles to see if I can catch him dropping again.