5/17 Abbie PMPS 463

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Allison Dubit, May 17, 2020.

1. Allison Dubit

Allison Dubit New Member

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I am unable to see your spreadsheet (need permission), so can't comment on dose. We don't change dose based on preshot numbers, but rather low the dose takes the cat.

3. Allison Dubit

Allison Dubit New Member

4. Wendy&Neko

Clarification, I couldn't see the spreadsheet in your signature, can see the one link in the text. Now I can see it, thanks.

Next step is to decide what dosing method you'd like to follow. We have a Sticky Note called Dosing Methods, have a read and see which you'd like to follow. One would have you continue on 0.25 units (SLGS), the other (TR) says you didn't earn a reduction down to 0.25 units and should go back to 0.5 units. So, can't say which you should do.

Abby is bouncing from what to her seemed like a low number yesterday. Bounces take up to six cycles to resolve, and you can see higher numbers until then. It's perfectly normal, just ignore the temporary higher numbers.

Here is the link to your previous post here: http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/are-we-heading-for-a-hypo.229671/

5. Allison Dubit

Allison Dubit New Member

We don't have strips for our human meter at the moment, so I am using the AlphaTrak2. I know both methods want me to use a human meter.

I think I'd like to follow the TR method. I'm hopeful that I can get her under control and maybe, possibly back into remission. I don't think I should've gone to .25 units.

Is 70 too low? That's the lowest that she went yesterday, but I did have to give her higher carb food because I was concerned that she was going to go hypo.

Thanks so much!

6. Wendy&Neko

If people are using the AT meter, we don't want cats going below 68. So you were close, but not quite there. Since your cat was in remission, it's a good idea to follow TR if you can. You do want to be a bit more aggressive with cats coming back from remission. The faster you can get her regulated again, the better. In that case, I would increase back to 0.5 units.