5/17 Leo +6 142 AMPS 126 +2.75 88 +5 76 +8 68 PMPS 97

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sonia & Leo, May 17, 2019.

1. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

Yesterday

Another blue start! I secretly wish he would stay blue today to give his ears a break. :cool: Also, not sure if it's a coincidence but Leo seems to be way more energetic when he's wearing low blue.

Yesterday was a sad day with the sudden loss of Mindy’s little Max. RIP Max :)

Sending healing vines to all the little kitties who are not feeling well. :bighug:

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice start for Leo. I hope he surfs safely today.

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  3. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Very nice Leo.

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  4. Sonia & Leo

@Wendy&Neko Hi Wendy, what do you consider "overly long" when holding a dose?

5. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

6. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Looking great

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  7. Christie & Maverick

Christie & Maverick Well-Known Member

Another nice cycle today, glad to see Leo back in the lagoon :D. I thought I'd offer my thoughts for what they are worth on your question of holding a dose...I think you let the numbers be your guide. Some kitties just find the right dose and you don't need to increase unless the numbers tell you otherwise. With that 56 4 cycles ago, and back to greens on this being the 4th cycle, to me Leo looks good. Hope others like Wendy with more experience chime in as well soon, but that's what I see when I look at Leo's SS. :)

8. Sonia & Leo

Thank you Christie. It wasn't about Leo though, he's fine and seeing good numbers on 3.25u. I should have explained myself better. I had seen that comment a few times about doses being held too long and I was curious about it. I know it's when a dose is not taking the cat into better numbers. I guess like you said, you have to evaluate where the numbers are at and how long the kitty's been on the same dose.

Christie & Maverick likes this.
  9. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Are the nadirs where you want them to be? If not, time to increase. Your goal may be to try to get him solidly green, especially since he's out of remission. In that case, you might tweak the dose up a bit, if you can monitor closely. You do want to be a bit more aggressive.

10. Sonia & Leo

Hi Wendy, thanks for your advice. Normally I would consider tweaking Leo's dose to see if I could get him all green but we have a 5 day trip planned for the end of June.

So as long as it’s ok to hold Leo’s current dose (assuming it keeps him in his current numbers), I won’t tweak it because I’m going to need to reduce his dose while we’re away. For now, he seems to be doing really well, and staying in greens and blues. Once we’re back, I’m sure I’ll be dealing with higher numbers and trying to get him back on track.

I’m pretty confident there’s another remission in this kitty so I will do my best to get him there! :bighug: