5/19 Blaze amps 110 +1 110 +10 98 PMPS 93 +2.5 73 +3.5 72

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sarah and Blaze, May 19, 2020.

1. Sarah and Blaze

Sarah and Blaze Well-Known Member

2. Sarah and Blaze

Even with the blue preshot this morning, you think it’s okay to do no insulin this weekend while we’re out of town? I would feel a lot better because I know he would be safe while the pet sitter is in charge, but I’m afraid to mess up his good numbers. I guess if his starts going up while we’re out of town, we just start him back at 0.1U when we get home from camping?

3. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Lookin good Blaze.

Sarah and Blaze likes this.
  4. Sarah and Blaze

I figured +1 would be similar to amps but I’m leaving the house for the day so wanted to grab a test before heading out. I’m sure he’ll come down to the lagoon but he’ll have to surf safely on his own today!

5. Debra and Yoyo

Debra and Yoyo Well-Known Member

Stay safe at your work meetings and I hope Blaze has a good - safe day:cat::D

6. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

That's just barely blue and with meter variance could be green. Even during an OTJ trial blues pop up sometimes. I think you are still okay to not give insulin while you're away. I hope your meetings go well.

7. Sarah and Blaze

Thank you Carla, this makes me feel better. I’m okay with having to start insulin when I get home from our camping trip if his numbers are mostly blue while we’re gone. But might as well keep him safe while we’re gone and do no insulin. He’ll tell us if it’s too soon to be off the juice! :facepalm:

8. Sarah and Blaze

Well it looks like Memorial Day camping is not in the cards for me! We thought we were going to be able to go this coming weekend but the department of forestry is enforcing no campers this weekend. There’s been so much back and forth but it seems like this is it! I’m waiting until tomorrow to cancel our pet sitter, just in case things change, but it looks like we will most likely be staying home this weekend. Blaze will be very happy!:joyful:

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  9. Alicia & Kit cat

Alicia & Kit cat Well-Known Member

What a roller coaster! I'm sorry you're not going to be able to go camping - I know you said it'll be quite a bit before you get time off again. <3

10. Sarah and Blaze

It has been a rollercoaster! But it seems like this is it, we’re getting too close to the day we were planning on leaving, we’re supposed to do our camping grocery shopping tonight, have the pet sitter come tomorrow night to practice testing Blaze, get all packed and head out Friday morning. Buy it seems like they’re enforcing no camping this coming weekend since it’s a holiday weekend, so it is what it is. I was looking forward to one last hoorah before I head back to work on June 1st. It’s going to be very different and stressful when we go back to work, a lot of changing for us in the dental field. At least I can go hiking this weekend, that’s allowed here in California :confused:

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  11. Alicia & Kit cat

I have a cleaning in June (it was set up in January at my last cleaning) and I've been curious what the protocol will be. I figured I'd call them a few days in advance if they don't call me first. They're usually a pretty busy practice, so not sure what all they're doing.

12. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Bummer on the change in camping plans. :( If it changes again, think safety first on dose.

13. Sarah and Blaze

I’m a dental hygienist! All the changes are crazy! I’m not sure how other states are, but here in California, at least at the two offices I work for, we are going to have patients wait in their car until we are ready for them to come in, they’ll have their temperature taken and have to fill out a COVID screening form as well as their normal health history form, we have to wear more PPE (scrub caps, face shields, N95 masks, gowns), we can’t use certain instruments that create aerosols unless absolutely necessary, longer time to clean and set up out rooms, just to name a few things. I don’t know what state you’re in but it sounds like most states are getting the okay for dental offices to open IF the have the proper PPE and can make sure their is social distancing for patients.

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  14. Sarah and Blaze

I know! I don’t have much hope that plans will change again, but if for some miraculous reason they do, I’ll be sticking to the plan you suggested. No insulin while we’re out of town. But since it’s looking like we will be home, Blaze can stay on this 0.1 U a bit longer I guess! :cat:

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  15. Alicia & Kit cat

I'm in Wisconsin (which hasn't been the smartest about this whole thing lately), but I feel like my dentist office will do a pretty good job. From previous it seems like taking care of stuff like this is very important.

16. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

Sorry about your vacation plans Sarah. I'm sure Blaze will be a very happy kitty!! :D

17. Sarah and Blaze

I think Blaze had something to do with the no camping enforcement this coming weekend:p

18. Sarah and Blaze

I’m sure they will take all the proper precautions. The newly required guidelines for us are pretty strict so if offices want to open back up, they have to comply with the new protocol. It’s just to keep everyone safe.

Alicia & Kit cat likes this.