? 5/2 Dimmu AMPS 356. Increase again tomorrow?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Dimmu & KL, Feb 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dimmu & KL

Dimmu & KL Member

Good morning!

last condo

We thought Dimmu was heading down when we increased his dose to 1.5U on Saturday, even saw some yellow there, but he started coming up again on Sunday, we there was the first red last night since we started insulin. Could this be a bounce?

If it stays like this, we'll have to increase again tomorrow, but by how much? .25U or .5U? Advice welcome and appreciated!

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

If his nadirs remain over 300, I'd increase by 0.5 units tomorrow. It could be a bounce tonight. Some cats, like my girl, start their bounces a little after the fact. It's possible he got to yellows the night before last.

How is Dimmu feeling and acting?

3. Dimmu & KL

Dimmu & KL Member

Dimmu is doing fine considering the high numbers, he's come out to sit with us more, his appetite is as good as ever and is no longer constipated. He did seem more tired last night when the number got higher, tho.

So if we see some yellows today/tonight, should I increase by .25 instead? I really hope he'll break the bounce tonight.

I have wanted to ask since day one, but kept forgetting. Where did Neko get her name from? Something to do with Japan?

4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

We dose by the numbers we see, not what might have been. Dimmu may or may not have seen yellow or it could have been a high yellow. I think you'll still be safe to go up by 0.5 units.

We had a hard time coming up with Neko's name. I live on the Pacific coast of Canada, so we do have a lot of Japanese people and things here. The black and white reminding me of yin/yang and somehow it seemed an oriental name was appropriate. At the same time as we were looking for her name, a singer called Neko Case lived and performed in town. How did Dimmu get his name? Is his also a musical inspiration?

5. Dimmu & KL

Dimmu & KL Member

We name all our cats after places where we have memorable encounters with animals. Dimmu's name came from Dimmuborgir (like the band, too), a lava field in Iceland. It was high winter when we visited Iceland, the shepherd dog from the B&B hadn't seen people besides his CG for months and was ecstatic when we arrived and quickly became our friend. He would sleep outside our cabin at night to make sure he's the first one to greet us every morning, and when he's off (3,000 sheep to take care of), he would join and guide us while hiking. The serenity of Dimmuborgir also fits Dimmu's personality well, so we went with it.

Bronx's dad (GA) likes this.
  6. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

Yes he is a trooper, getting a little cranky in his old age but hanging in there. I use 125mg CBD oil for his arthritis, 7-8 drops 1 or 2x/day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.