GA 5.21.15 Zoey amps 148/ +2 33 /+3 LO. /@3.5 20/ @4 38/@4.75 20/@5 24/+20 m 25 /

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Rose, May 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rose

Rose Member

Good morning!

Zoe-Zoe is SO-SO. (Same old, same old).:confused: She's in her favorite garden spot this morning and I'm set up to work outside so she can enjoy the morning awhile. Going to pick up anti-nausea meds when vet opens.

Paws crossed.

Game I play, finding the positive: Zoe has bright eyes, she's still headstrong and full of fight and determination and we both love the outdoors and get to spend our morning there. Day's off to a good start!:cat:

Hope everyone has a wonderful day today!

Yesterday.

2. Rose

Rose Member

3. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Gorgeous photo of Zoey! How cute is that!

Rose likes this.
  4. Megan & Oren

Megan & Oren Member

sweet, sweet photo. Enjoy your garden time Zoey! (is that her cupcake onesie still?!)
    Hope your day continues as nicely as it started!

5. Rose

Rose Member

Yep, it IS her cupcake onesie. She gets changed two or even three times a day ... depending on what she gets into and if they're damp from the steam room. :)

She's already low, a little less than two hours in. She's gone on a walk-about this morning. Out to the front frog pond and laid on the rocks to watch the goldfish. She retraced her Krawl to the garage where the kibble is kept .. but turned her nose up at it. She's camped out under the vines that house the cardinals and watched the activity. It's been a great morning for Zoe.

She's in her daddy's lap getting syringe fed stuff to boost her up. I'll check her BG shortly.

I'm wondering what would be if her depot wasn't drained.

Tell me, what is worse, dying from a low bg or being put to sleep? I worry about her dipping during a blink or a life distraction or sleep -- would she suffer more if that were to happen or would the trip to the vet and the strange surroundings and being put to sleep be worse? These are the thoughts that linger in the back of my mind. Any thoughts or medical wisdom to share on such things?

6. Rose

Rose Member

@Megan & Oren -- I've looked for Oren's condo. Am I missing it? Zoey's sweet on him and likes to see how he's doing.

7. Rose

Rose Member

(sigh) ... Lo. I've given her a good dose of honey and she's drinking a lot of water so hopefully that will pull her back up. She's totally at peace today. She's not acting hypo. She's casually walking around, visiting with her sisters, lying on the rug on the porch watching her birds. I'm not going to stress over this and run her to the vet to do a bunch of stuff to stress her out. Make no mistake, I will do everything in my power, here at home, to keep her with us another day. And if I see that she's suffering in any way, I will run her to the vet at that point -- but if this is the day that Zoey decides to peacefully move forward, it's been a great day for her.

Prayers for Zoe, please.

Laura&Chichi (GA) likes this.
  8. Megan & Oren

Megan & Oren Member

Aw, sorry Zoey, didn't mean to hide your orange boy...He's been worried sick about you too!! He wants to tell you he thinks you're too cute for words in those little onesies, and envies your ritzy home spa treatments!

I've been so down about developments of late, i haven't been good about posting. Mostly had been staying pink and red for several days, with a yellow here and there. After a slightly hopeful day 2 days ago where it's possible he even got into blue numbers, he has reversed, probably a bounce, and the dreaded HI showed up this AMPS. First black in several days, and first HI in months? I'm limping along till next Wed. when I hope to be done with ISTHATCLEAR vet after the followup recheck for ear and pancreatitis. Overall, he seems ok; still purry, eating well, no keytones(yet), but definitely peeing more, lower energy.
    I'm even feeling skepticism from some friends here who have diabetic cats and are w/ vets who basically also follow the 'loose regulation', shoot blind, keep them from going hypo (which one friend said was 60s!) etc. Defended my vets reaction as imagine if you were bombarded with people getting information off the internet, and 1 study doesn't prove anything blah blah blah(and only mildly agreed her tone was condescending).

It's all so exhausting as to be numbing.

as to your thoughts re: hypo vs. PTS: from what I understand, I don't think hypo would be a pleasant way to go..seizures, coma etc. Is there any chance Great Vet would make a house call? I know of vets here who do make home visits for the end, which would certainly make it a much less stressful experience for Zoey, although not much less difficult for you. I know of friends here who have had the home option, and felt much better about the whole experience. I sure hope it doesn't have to come to that for valiant Zoey and you, but I can totally understand these thoughts being in your mind, as you are such a devoted caretaker. Continuing to send many vines and prayers and warm, enveloping light for the Zoey household. So glad she is having a lovely day today. Sometimes that's all you can do, is go day to day, and find the small blessing in each.

ETA: Cross-posted my response with your 2nd followup. Oh dear Zoey, as many prayers as possible are going up. May you find the right path with the easiest, most comfortable trip as possible, wherever it leads.

Rose likes this.
  9. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Please come up, Zoey...that is way, way, way too low. What Megan says is correct: dying from a hypo would not be a pleasant, quick, painless experience. If she isn't coming up after that second dose of honey, I would consider taking her to the vet for a glucose drip.

It sounds like Zoey is having a very nice day, and she looks beautiful in the garden with her cupcakes onsie! More and more prayers from us!

Rose likes this.
  10. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Gardens and birds are nice, but above 50 is better. Come on up Miss Zoey!:eek::D

There's still a long ways to go in the cycle. I'd keep testing every 20 minutes at this point until she's up quite a bit. If you go to the vet, take karo/honey/syrup with you and keep rubbing it on her gums.

Time for a big reduction in dose, next time you shoot. Kitties who have really low numbers can be extra sensitive to insulin. Maybe 2.0 units? We can think about that later, depending on how the cycle goes.

Rose likes this.
  11. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

that's a scare... very low.
    Our local vet will come to your house.... which is how I intend to do it when the time comes.
    praying for you....
    :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Rose likes this.
  12. Wendy&Neko

Who thought I'd sigh in relief at 38? :eek: Good job Rose! She's headed in the right direction. But you'll have to be vigilant for a while as that honey wears off.

And now I can stop and admire the picture of cute Zoey in her onsie in the garden. Good luck with all you decide to do today. :bighug:

Rose likes this.
  13. Laura&Chichi (GA)

Laura&Chichi (GA) Well-Known Member

Come up some more little one..sending vines for her..

Rose likes this.
  14. Amy&TrixieCat

Better, Zoey, but up a little more, OK?? I'm amazed that she wasn't feeling symptoms with that LO. I could always tell when Trix fell to the upper 30s (which only happened a couple times) because she would become absolutely frantic for food.

Rose likes this.
  15. Patricia & Noodle

Patricia & Noodle Well-Known Member

Lots and lots of vines to sweet Zoey, hopefully they'll help haul her out of the lagoon. It certainly seems the meds are working the way they're supposed to re: insulin response, but gosh that has to be scary. :bighug::bighug:

Rose likes this.
  16. Rose

Rose Member

Amy, I remember someone telling me when we first joined the thread that when cats are low they search out food. There are two food bowls right here beside us on the porch and she's purring and watching birds. Zoey has been very ... Zen today. I don't know how to explain it. It's very different and as she has visited all of her haunts and kissed each of her sisters (which she hasn't done in weeks) I couldn't help but wonder if this was her day or if she was turning a corner. Of course, we're voting for the corner so she can chase a few lizards and lay under the trees at the water's edge again. Nothing would make us happier than to see her enjoy herself like that just one more time.

We've given her some Cerenia ... paws crossed.

And Wendy ... I was excited over the 20 and 38 is like no sweat and we feel safe. Something wrong with that picture, huh? (Thank you for being calm, too.)

Laura&Chichi (GA) likes this.
  17. Amy&TrixieCat

I'm hoping for/thinking it's "turning a corner", too. Last year, Trix was very sick with p-titis, and many of her old behaviors vanished. It took many months before she really started going back to what she used to do (as you say in today's thread, one of her old behaviors just came back this past week!). I think Zoey knows you are helping her feel better, and she's more relaxed and Zen because she IS feeling better. At least that is what I'm saying in my prayers for her!

Rose likes this.
  18. Tuxedo Mom

Tuxedo Mom Well-Known Member

Rose

I wish I had something profound and wise to say but I don't. My prayers and thoughts are with Zoey, you and DH.

Sending positive thoughts for healing and peace. :bighug: :bighug: :bighug:

19. Rose

Rose Member

We like those thoughts, Amy! Ty!

Thank you, Mary Ann. Prayers and thoughts work great!

She's going the opposite direction if you give her even an inch! Just fed her half an ounce of MC food dosed with 1/2 tspn. of honey. I'll check her in 20 minutes to see where she is. If that doesn't get her above 50 I'm going to funnel it into her. (sarcasm -- it's how I cope.)

20. Patricia & Noodle

I might funnel it in her anyways in your position!! I'd want to get her solidly over 50. Come on up darling Zoey, there's nothing cool that far out in the lagoon!

Rose likes this.
  21. Laura&Chichi (GA)

Up Please Zoey! Honey works fast, but wears off faster than high carb gravy food. If you have any I would def give her some.

Rose likes this.
  22. Rose

Rose Member

Oh, I'm almost there, Patricia. Luckily she's moving up a little so we'll continue to check and smear every 20 minutes until she's solidly over 75. I just gave her another solid dose of nothing but honey.

23. Patricia & Noodle

Yeah at this point I might just dose the honey every 10 mins or so and use the checks to make sure it's working. Doesn't seem like you have to worry about overcarbing her... Can you drain some gravy from a can of HC and give that too? May with with the syringe that way or just blending the can and syringe that.

Rose likes this.
  24. Rose

Rose Member

She just won a staring contest with a really big lizard. He ran away scared and thankful he was on the other side of the screen. She meant business.

Laura .. putting HC gravy in every serving. She's alert and calm so I will be, too. :)

25. Patricia & Noodle

Your vet is close, right? If she's not up soon you may want to think glucose drip, no need to risk sustained low numbers.

ETA: Of course she's bullying lizards :rolleyes: Zoey follows no rule book that's for sure.

Last edited: May 21, 2015
    Rose likes this.
  26. manxcat419

manxcat419 Well-Known Member

Zoey, up you come - that's way too deep in the lagoon for playing with the other kitties. It does sound as though she's feeling pretty good and happy in herself today, though those numbers are very low. I'm glad your vet isn't far away, just in case you need to get her there quickly - you'd think that all that HC and honey would have to do something. I think she must have heard about the 50% dose reduction she's meant to have in the first 2 weeks on her new meds...being Zoey she's going to have to be dramatic about earning it of course!!

Rose likes this.
  27. Rose

Rose Member

pulling out all the stops and feeding nothing but gravy and honey here. 20 ml of gravy and a mouthful of honey. Really thought when she hit that 38 that we were on the climb back up. Smacked down yet again for thinking out loud.

28. Wendy&Neko

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: Zoey sweetie, please listen to your aunties and come up now. You've made your point.

Looking a little bit like the day Linda's Scooter went from 5.5u to zero. :rolleyes:A skip is looking like the way to go tonight. This depot needs to be drained. :arghh: Any way the vet or tech could come out and give Zoey a glucose drip? This is too long in numbers this low.

manxcat419 likes this.
  29. Rose

Rose Member

We're giving it a few more 20 minutes cycles and then to the vet. That or if she dips LO again.

I just read what you wrote Wendy ... is the length of time this low harmful even if she's showing no signs? How is a glucose drip different than feeding straight honey and syrup? We just fed her straight gravy. Planning to check her in 15. Then off to the vet for drip.

30. manxcat419

The drip will go straight into her bloodstream so it should bring her up faster as she doesn't have to digest the food first. It'll probably take her higher too but as she's almost guaranteed to bounce anyway, that's a secondary consideration at this point after she's been so low for so long.

31. Wendy&Neko

It sounds like Zoey hasn't been showing signs of hypo so she may be OK. It's just too dangerous having her that low for so long. You are walking the edge.

The drip will also not fill her up, where food/honey might do that. I'd worry if she throws it up.

32. Laura&Chichi (GA)

At some point she is probably going to be too full and not want any more food or gravy. Then, its going to be difficult to get her rising at all.

33. Rose

Rose Member

The liver's main function is to keep the cat safe from low BG by stimulating glucose production. When a cat is being fed dry/high carb food keeping the BG constantly high, the liver becomes accustomed to those high numbers and basically goes to sleep, no longer able to do it's job. Once the dry/high carb food has been removed from the diet, over a three day period the liver "wakes up" and will resume its most important function, kicking out glucagon to protect the brain. If you give syrup or high carb foods to low BG with no symptoms of clinical hypo, you run the risk of putting the liver back to sleep, resulting in your cat being at continued risk of clinical hypo for the next three days.

Just read this ... does this mean her liver is asleep on the job and this could go on for three days? Her numbers have come up 5 points in the last few minutes.

34. Rose

Rose Member

You guys have my attention, you really do. Trying very hard to bring her up at home so we don't spend another two hundred dollars today at the vet. We're spending money that we definitely don't have so if we can save it with some extra work on this end, and she's not suffering, then that's what's driving us. We want to be safe though and not cause her harm. Let this food that we've just fed her kick in and if she's not on the way up with significant rises and getting her above 50, we will take her. We want to be able to breathe easier, as well.

35. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Just because she's not showing symptoms does not mean damage isn't being done by remaining in low numbers for so long. A drip will bring her up faster than anything you could possibly do at home.

Please, things could change in an instant and it could get ugly. One of the drawbacks of using a long acting insulin is they are capable of producing prolonged hypoglycemia. A few years ago we saw a vet induced hypo go on for a couple of days. I'm not saying that's what we'll see here. Just giving an example... a possibility.

I understand the financial concerns, but you're not dealing with a usual/normal low number event. I can't tell you what to do, but you need help with her today. This has gone on too long already.

:bighug::bighug::bighug:

36. Amy&TrixieCat

Sending more prayers that those numbers come up. You're doing a great job, but she is being stubborn! As the others have said, you do also have to worry about her vomiting or becoming too full, now that she's had so much sugary goodness. So adding even more prayers...up and stay safe, Zoey!!

37. manxcat419

I'm not entirely sure which website you found that on Rose (though I have suspicions). That sounds incredibly dangerous to me to let a cat run in low numbers without intervention until they show symptoms - sometimes cats can become dangerously symptomatic very quickly. And I've never heard of a cat's liver going to sleep because we've intervened with sugar at low levels - more often they bounce for those 3 days than run low again.

See where this last lot of food takes her - if she follows anything close to her normal cycle she should be getting ready to start coming back up around now so if she isn't then I think that will be the time for vet intervention to make sure she gets above 50 quickly.

38. Jill & Alex (GA)

It sounds to me like it's from YDC or it's off-shoot, Diabetic Cat Care... from Dr. Hodgkins.
    It is dangerous. Several members of the FDMB have witnessed (online on another web site) problems with this philosophy... including death. I've personally been online in the wee hours of the morning with two caregivers in two separate incidents whose kitties didn't make it. It was a horrific experience from this side of the computer. I can't imagine what the caregivers were going through.

Don't believe everything you read, please.

I don't want to come off as an alarmist using scare tactics, but bad stuff can happen and it can happen so quickly that there won't be time to help her. Please take her in while you can if her numbers aren't showing a substantial rise soon.

39. Jill & Alex (GA)

Any update, Rose?
    The last reading I see on Zoey's ss is 26 @+6.75.
    I don't want to bother you. I'm just worried...

40. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

How is Zoey now? I'm just chiming in to echo that it's time to go to the vet. I hope the reason you haven't updated is that you are already there.

Tiger(GA) and Ruth likes this.
  41. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

Sending vines and prayers all loaded with Carbs. Please, please come up, Zoey!!!

42. Tiger(GA) and Ruth

Tiger(GA) and Ruth Well-Known Member

((((((Rose))))) Here's some more of the strongest prayers and vines that you are at the vet and your little sweetie is on a glucose drip, whatever the outcome, please know you're in my prayers!

43. Jill & Alex (GA)

There are many eyes on Zoey's thread. Our community cares about each other, you, DH, and Zoey.
    Sending boat loads of positive thoughts and prayers.
    Please update when you can...

44. Marilyn and Polly

Marilyn and Polly Well-Known Member

Prayers, couldn't be louder. Light, couldn't be brighter.
    Joining our community with thoughts and prayers for you and Zoey.

Marilyn

45. suki & crystal (GA)

suki & crystal (GA) Well-Known Member

Prayers and healing thoughts for a safe outcome for sweet Zoey.

Suki

46. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

47. Rose

Rose Member

I just can't read all of these posts right now.

I listened to everything everyone said, really I did. I knew in my heart that taking her to the vet would be the last straw and it was. After my last post and all of our efforts to bring her up at home I knew we were in trouble because the number had dropped a few points yet again. We wasted no time in grabbing her and leaving the house. I left my phone (I'm so sorry) We took her to the vet to get the drip. She rode the whole way there, looking out the window and alert ... just like another ride. I was upset because we've reached the end of our financial rope and I just knew it was going to be cost prohibitive. (Damned if you do, damned if you don't.) DH took her in and they checked her out and all the vets consulted and pretty much all concluded that Zoey had too much stacked against her to make it. The ulcer on the end of her nose was most likely cancer and they wanted to leave hope for us yesterday as long as she was being alert and showing signs of improvement. They said she would require at least a 3-day hospital stay and that with her not eating (could be nausea from cancer) that Zoe was just up against too, too much and we would most likely find ourselves facing the same decision in the near future. All we could think about was the suffering she would go through if she were in hypo so we let her go.

Our hearts are broken but it was time. She's in a box curled up in her bird-covered onsie and looks restful and at peace. No more syringes, or shots ... just peace. I think she knew today was the day. I really can't explain the difference in her today but she knew it was time and she made peace with it. We will lay her to rest in her favorite garden spot so she can look over her pond with all of her favored birds.

I cannot thank all of you enough for all of your time and prayers and support ... without it, we would not have made it this far. Zoey's life has had purpose. We've learned a great deal from her that we hope to be able to share and hopefully something good will come from her journey here with another member somewhere in the future. That would be a good thing.

Thank you all, so very, very much. :bighug:

48. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

I am so sorry. Your precious Zoey had the best life with her beans. Hugs to you.
    Liz

Rose likes this.
  49. Jill & Alex (GA)

(((((Rose and DH)))))
    I'm so very, very sorry.
    :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

cat_wings>o Rest in peace dear little Zoey. Fly free... land softly.

Rose likes this.
  50. Lori & Lulu

Lori & Lulu Well-Known Member

cat_wings>oOh, Rose, I'm so sorry, tears and hugs for sweet little Zoey. You'll miss her so much. Picture her now, running free in a fragrant meadow, chasing butterflies, or laying in the soft grass, soaking up the sun. No more pain. Rest peacefully, little girl.

Rose likes this.
  51. Tiger(GA) and Ruth

Tiger(GA) and Ruth Well-Known Member

(((((Rose)))) I have never, ever felt more inadequate in saying this but I am so sorry for the loss of your sweetie Zoey, my heart is breaking for you and DH but she is at peace now... We all have big shoulders here, if you need something, just lean on us, we're here for you always! Fly free sweet Zoey and land softly
    heartcandle.jpg

Rose likes this.
  52. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

(((((Rose))))) I'm so, so sorry to read this. It sounds like Zoey chose her time and you allowed her to fly free. Thank you for the update.

Rose likes this.
  53. Amy&TrixieCat

I'm so very sorry....our thoughts and prayers remain with you.....

Rose likes this.
  54. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

(((((Rose)))))
    I'm so sorry.
    It does sound like she knew today was her day and she enjoyed it peacefully with you at home... in her backyard those last hours....
    Prayers for your grieving heart.
    She was so loved. You will see her again.
    Fly Free Zoey.
    [​IMG]

Rose likes this.
  55. suki & crystal (GA)

suki & crystal (GA) Well-Known Member

So very sad to read this, my deepest condolences to you both, you did an amazing job keeping her going so long when the odds were stacked against her. She had a wonderful loving last day and made her peace. Fly free sweet Zoey.cat_wings>o

Rose likes this.
  56. manxcat419

Rose, I'm so, so sorry it was time for Zoey to go. No-one could have done more for her than you and DH did. And she was able to choose her time and have a lovely last day with you doing her favorite things and visiting with her sisters. There aren't any words that make this easier, but please know my thoughts are with you and DH at this sad time. :bighug: :bighug: :bighug:

Rose likes this.
  57. Linda and Scooter & Jack

Linda and Scooter & Jack Well-Known Member

10444002_864288146914636_7763109634732424115_n.jpg

My sympathies to you and your family. What a beautiful kitty Zoey was.

Rose likes this.
  58. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

(((Rose & DH))))

My heart is broken for you. I'm so terribly sorry. Fly free little Zoey in your sweet little onesie - you are so very loved!

[​IMG]

Rose likes this.
  59. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

(((((Rose)))))

I just logged in and I'm so, so sorry to read this. You and Zoey worked so hard. Cats seem to know -- maybe better than we do -- when it is their time. You were kind and brave enough to listen to her. There is no greater compassionate act.

Fly free Zoey and land softly. There are many from Lantus Land who are at the Bridge to great you and keep you safe until you are reunited with the ones you love best.

Rose likes this.
  60. MrZ

MrZ Well-Known Member

Rose,
    My sincerest condolences. I am so saddened by this news. It does sound like Zoey knew. I hope you find comfort in knowing that she had a very peaceful and enjoyable morning and last day with you, her sisters and all her favorite things.

Fly free and land softly sweet Zoey.

Rose likes this.
  61. Squeaky and KT (GA)

Squeaky and KT (GA) Well-Known Member

Rose,
    I'm SO SO sorry it was sweet Zoey's time but so thankful that you all shared such a wonderful life of love. BIG HUGE LOOOOOOOONG HUG for you, DH and the rest of the family.

Soar high on your new angel wings sweet girl...landing softly back in your family's broken hearts...

Rose likes this.
  62. MJ+Donovan

MJ+Donovan Well-Known Member

Donny will greet Zoey at the Bridge...

[​IMG]

MJ

Rose likes this.
  63. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

((((Rose and DH))))

I am so horribly heartbroken for you both that I can't see through my tears so please forgive any typos. I don't even know what to say....I don't think anything could comfort you. But I do have to tell you that you all pulled out every stop...you did everything humanly possible and through it all, and all your exhaustion and the emotional upheaval, you kept your sense of humor and showed her the utmost love and devotion every single second.

Lighting a candle for you Zoe. So many waiting to keep you warm and admire how beautiful you are once again.

image.jpg

Last edited: May 21, 2015
    Rose, Tiger-Hobo and Dyana like this.
  64. Marilyn and Polly

Marilyn and Polly Well-Known Member

She knew. So blessed she was to have those who loved her best also know. So blessed were you with her day of goodbye. So blessed was she with your courage. Yet, so hard.

We share your loss, your pain, your sorrow.

[​IMG]

Tears, too.

Marilyn

Rose likes this.
  65. Sgans and Eegie - GA

Sgans and Eegie - GA Member

My heart is breaking for you. I'm so sorry you had to go through this today. May your memories bring you great peace...

Rose likes this.
  66. Sandy and Black Kitty

Sandy and Black Kitty Well-Known Member

Mourning (200x300).jpg Grief.jpg
    Zoey is now free from her failing body; she has been refreshed

Rose likes this.
  67. Megan & Oren

Megan & Oren Member

I can barely type through tears. So heartbroken to login and see this news.
    No kitty and kitty beans worked harder and more tenaciously at overcoming such terrible odds. It gives me comfort knowing she had a lovely, peaceful and loving day at home with you, her devoted mama and doing her favorite things. She chose her time well, but I'm SO very sorry for the deep pain and anguish you feel. You were unselfish in giving the gift of freedom from all suffering at the end. All of us here grew to love and admire your sweet tough little girl and though I never met either of you, I will never forget you either. I wish you and DH some rest and peace and comfort in her memories. Zoey, Oren will miss your rooting him on from the sidelines, and will always remember you in the cupcake onesie that you rocked so sweetly. Fly free and let your incredible beans know you've arrived safely. ((((((((((((Rose & DH))))))))))))), as many hugs as can be squeezed through these intertubes.

Rose likes this.
  68. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh Rose and DH. I am so so sorry. You did everything you could to help Zoey and she knew you did and loved you for it.
    She is at peace now.cat_wings>o

Rose likes this.
  69. Laura&Chichi (GA)

Im so sorry for you loss of sweet Zoey.:bighug: You did everything possible. She is flying free now. I also believe she knew.. and was simply enjoying her last day with you. cat_wings>o

Rose likes this.
  70. Tuxedo Mom

Tuxedo Mom Well-Known Member

Rose and DH

My heart aches for the pain that you are feeling right now. You both fought a valiant fight for Zoey and she knew how much you both loved her. Today was the perfect day for her, spending time in the garden, watching the yard critters and chilling. I think Zoey and you both knew that this was the "time" and you spent it together in love and peace.

If there was ever an perfect example of what love is, it is the time and care you and DH spent to give Zoey all the dignity and quality that was possible. The pain is strong but you did everything possible and more to make Zoey's final days an easy journey to the bridge.

May all the wonderful memories of your precious Zoey help lessen the pain of letting her cross the bridge. You are wonderful petparents and Zoey was indeed blessed to have owned you both.

:bighug: :bighug: :bighug:

Rose and Vyktors Mum like this.
  71. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry. Fly free Zoey. Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug:

Rose likes this.
  72. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry for your loss (((((Rose & DH)))))). Tears.

Fly Free Beautiful Girl Zoey.

Rose likes this.
  73. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear the news about your dear Zoey!!

It sure does sound like she knew her time was coming and she had made peace with it. She's not the first kitty I've heard of who, on their last day, perked up and acted like they were feeling much better.

All of us wish we could somehow reduce the pain you're feeling now Rose, but you did such a great job with her and I know she's looking down at you from the Bridge and thanking you for all the love you gave her....including the love it took to let her go from a body that had failed her.

Many hugs to you!

Fly free sweet Zoey, and land softly! There are many at the Bridge to welcome you! cat_wings>o

Rose likes this.
  74. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

Rose,

I am so very sorry for your loss. Zoey's last day was filled with her favorite things and with the two people she loved the most. You were up against cruel diseases, and you, DH, and Zoey fought hard and fearlessly. My deepest condolences go out to you. May your memories of your happy times together give you comfort in the days ahead.

Rose likes this.
  75. MollynSkooter

MollynSkooter Well-Known Member

:bighug::bighug::bighug: Rose & family :bighug::bighug::bighug:

I am at a loss for words.....I am so very sorry for your loss! You were amazing beans to your sweet, sweet girl and you were truly blessed to have each other
    You were amazing with her and I know she knew how much you cared for her and loved her as she felt the same...

Dear, sweet Zoey....fly free sweet one and play nicely with the others at the Rainbow Bridge....please do not forget to give your momma and daddy a sign that you made it safely as they will worry about you....

[​IMG]

Rose likes this.
  76. Tina & Sammy

Tina & Sammy Well-Known Member

:bighug::bighug::bighug:Rose,

Sorry I wasn't around today, and I am even more sorry for your loss. My heart breaks for you!

cat_wings>ocat_wings>ocat_wings>ocat_wings>o Zoey cat_wings>ocat_wings>ocat_wings>ocat_wings>o

Rose likes this.
  77. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Dear ((((Rose and DH)))),
    :rb_icon:We are grieving with you tonight. Your beautiful girl knew that it was her time and she made her last day on Earth a time of love, contemplation, enjoyment of her surroundings, and gratitude to her mama and papa beans for listening to her and helping her cross. Fly free, sweet Zoey, on your beautiful new golden wings. All of the GAs at the Bridge are welcoming you. Watch over your family and send them a sign that you have landed safely and will be waiting for that wonderful day when you will meet again.

In deepest sympathy,

Ella & Edward, Rusty, and Stu (GA)

Rose and Vyktors Mum like this.
  78. Wendy&Neko

((Rose and DH)) - my deepest sympathies. You are the best of cat parents. You did everything you could, and when you had to, did the hardest thing by listening to Zoey on her last day.:bighug::bighug::bighug: I have been amazed by the devotion you have shown in face of the difficulties that Zoey faced. I am humbled by the love you've given to her.

Today I type through tears, but tonight I look to the sky for that new bright shining star in the sky. Fly free sweet Zoey - land softly. Give your mom and dad a sign when you make it safely to the other side.

[​IMG]

Rose likes this.
  79. Deanna & Billie

Deanna & Billie Well-Known Member

I am so, so sorry for your loss. Fly free, sweet Zoey. :rb_icon:

Rose likes this.
  80. Paula

Paula Well-Known Member

So very sorry for your loss of your sweet Zoey. Such a beautiful picture of her in her onesie. She looked so happy and content. She knew it was time. She will send you a sign from the bridge that all is well.
    R.I.P. Zoey . Fly free little onecat_wings>o

Rose likes this.
  81. Voula

Voula Well-Known Member

My deepest condolences to you Rose and your DH on the loss of your beloved Zoey.

Rose likes this.
  82. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I just saw this. I'm so sorry that it was Zoey's time. As a wonderful vet told me , you made the right decision at the right time. She loved you all so much that she couldn't leave so you had to set get free. :bighug:

Rose likes this.
  83. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

{{{Rose}}}

I am so deeply saddened to read the news about Zoey. She really did give it a good fight, as did you and DH. You two did so much more for her than most people would, and in the end she got to choose her time, which is really something we would all like to be able to do. I hope the memories of her beautiful last day will help to comfort you as you deal with your loss. Know that we all grieve with you. Never doubt that you were a wonderful, generous, selfless mamabean to her and I'm quite sure she knew how loved she was.

Fly free, sweet Zoey, and land softly. :rb_icon: :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Rose likes this.
  84. Peg and Toby

Peg and Toby Well-Known Member

So sad to hear about Zoey. Hug and Prayers for you and DH.cat_wings>o

Rose likes this.
  85. Josie & Ripley (GA)

Josie & Ripley (GA) Well-Known Member

(((Rose))) I am so very sorry.
    Your depth of care for your girl was remarkable, and your love for her will always remain. Sending you hugs and light. :bighug::bighug:

Fly free, Zoey.
    :rb_icon:

Rose likes this.
  86. mariko

mariko Well-Known Member

(((Rose)))
    I am so sorry for your loss Zoey.
    What a special girl.
    Sending prayers for your broken heart.
    Fly free, Zoey. cat_wings>o

Rose likes this.
  87. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

I am so sorry to read this. Fly free Zoey. Zoey knows you did all you could for her. Her passing so reminds me of Mannie's crossing. We too did all we could, we too were fighting un-surmountable odds, and in the end Mannie knew it was time, he told me so, as did Zoey for you. I hope there is comfort for you knowing Zoey is at peace, and that she does thank you for it. She knows how loved she truly was. Hugs to you in this difficult time. Fly free little one. You will always be remembered, never forgotten. :rb_icon:

Rose likes this.
  88. Patricia & Noodle

Rose, saying I'm sorry seems like a gross understatement. What a beautiful last day you were able to give each other. Lizards, birds, and butterflies, retracing her infamous Kibble Krawl, kissing her sisters. In an odd way, I keep thinking that it seems she was able to tell you it was her time in a way that showed you both, "I'm at peace" and "You've done all you can." The dedication of you and your DH will be with me forever. Your positive attitude through it all is something I've already tried to mimic in my own life when things start feeling a bit insurmountable. I can't put into words how much Zoey's journey and your wonderful way of sharing it with us here in L&LL has touched me--and it seems that feeling is shared by all of us. She was so lucky to have you, you were so lucky to have her, and we are so lucky to have been a part of it. Fly free, sweet Zoey, and send your mom and dad a sign when you reach the bridge safely. Maybe a lizard in their bed... or just a couple birds for them to watch, too. Sending all my love your way.
    :rb_icon:

89. Marshmellow & Steve

Marshmellow & Steve Member

:rb_icon:I am so sorry for your loss. I know that Zoey understood everything you did for her. My thoughts and prayers during this difficult time!:rb_icon:

Rose likes this.
  90. Jen&Eddie

Jen&Eddie Well-Known Member

Rose, once the sharpness of the pain has subsided a bit from this terrible loss, I hope you can read back Zoey's first couple posts of her condo for today and see how beautiful and amazing her last day was. She definitely knew and wanted you to know she was at peace that it was her time. I'm so terribly, terribly sorry for your loss. Zoey, please send your family a sign that you've arrived at the Bridge to comfort them in their sadness.

Rose likes this.
  91. Vyktors Mum

Vyktors Mum Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry it was Zoey's time, you couldn't have done more for your beautiful girl and it seems that she was ready to go. What a beautiful last day she had. I hope that is of some comfort to you and your husband in due course. Letting go is the hardest thing. Your journey with Zoey has touched us all and my heart breaks for you, I will light a candle for your special girl, thank you for sharing her with us. Fly free Zoey :rb_icon:

Rose likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.