? 5/21. TiTi too low, so skipped AMPS shot. Further reducie indicated?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Kathy and TiTi, May 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kathy and TiTi

Kathy and TiTi Well-Known Member

Beth 73 likes this.
  2. Steph & Quintus & L & O

Steph & Quintus & L & O Well-Known Member

You still have a good chunk of 3.5 depot there. I'd try 3.25 again tonight -- you'll have drained the depot by skipping the shot.

Kathy and TiTi likes this.
  3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

You have shot lower numbers in the 50's before. But I can understand your reluctance if she's not eating well.

She hasn't gone below 50 yet on this dose and it's too close to the last reduction, so I would hold the dose.

4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope TiTi's appy picks up soon. Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug:

5. Kathy and TiTi

Kathy and TiTi Well-Known Member

Yes, that's what I did. She just ate a whole chicken baby food jar, laced with binders, so I'm feeling somewhat better. I picked up some tiny tins of chicken and turkey Fancy Feast, which I hope she'll enjpy.

This morning I called my vet and the receptionist took the message. By 5:12 pm I still hadn't heard from my vet. The same receptionist told me my vet had a tough day, but would call me later. 9:46pm now - no call. I don't even know if that receptionist gave my vet the message. I didn't recognize her voice, but what I heard in her voice was that she could not have cared less. I'm really understanding about vets and their schedules and heavy work loads, but this was beyond the pale. I still have no fresh methimazole gel. The ver must prepare it for me and she didn't.

I'm speaking of the receptionist now. It might have been the tech who lectured me about accepting TiTi's death last Saturday. Apparently her little dog had CKD, and only lasted a month, so she was pretty grim about it all. I did say that I wasn't ready to accept that, and that was when she grew impatient with me. She's a very nice woman, but I'd rather have spoken with the vet.

Last edited: May 21, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.