5/22/18 Olive AMPS 358; +3.5=215; +9=211; PMPS 330; +5.5=132; +9.5=152 Labs posted

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Olive & Paula, May 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Yesterday

My bouncy baby. Thinking the new dose should be kicking in soon.

Horrible rainy day today. DH has to drive a hour for brain MRI a fiasco in itself. I have appt with Tripper I can't put off so I can't go. Then to get results he made appt for the same time I have a dental to get a crown fixed. A busy week here.

2. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Hopefully Olive will give you some blues today!
    Sending lots of vines to your DH!

3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Olive comes down for you today. I hope everything goes well with all your appointments. Sending prayers.

4. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

Sometimes they have a marked response with an increase and Miss Olive certainly makes up her own rules :rolleyes: Nice and easy Olive, mama bean has a busy week!

Vines for your DH and Tripper too!

5. Olive & Paula

Tripper gained 11 ounces :p She pooped on the scale :joyful: . Dr N must have been having a bad day last week. He was his normal self. Did not charge me for visit. Gave me Olives Labs which are posted. Said he called MSU himself and yes they run the test, but most doctors don't request it anymore since there is no treatment. So if I want it done Olive will have to go back and get restuck. I don't want to put her through that right now. It was so stressful and traumatic for her (glucose does not show it on labs though). So will wait a couple of weeks. And I think I will order the mailer so he has everything he needs to send it out.

So check out her labs. Some values especially the one liver value has come down. A few values are right on the border . Considering the stress and fight she gave them look at her glucose:woot: . my at home human meter test was 114 about 45 minutes earlier than their blood stick under duress. OMG did she fight. They had to burrito her, 2 techs held her while dr stuck her and had to do it twice because she jerked and the needle came out. The pancreatitis test (which I know isn't the best one but the test is run automatically with this lab) and Dr. D said to ignore it, has come down. Maybe she was having inflammation when she first got here and that is why her abdomen was so hard and distended which isn't anymore. She was so uncomfortable therefore the gabapentin which she hasn't needed for a few weeks now, it worked very well for her. Dr D suggested hepato support supplement and left it up to me to start whether back in February or wait until these labs were done. So since I have it I will start it now. Still waiting for acro results.

6. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Max used to have elevated ALT with pancreatitis. These liver enzymes are barely elevated. My vet would not be concerned. Diabetes and other diseases can raise the markers for it so hard to know what would cause that test to be elevated. The labs overall look really good to me.

Vibes for DH and Tripper.

Amanda & Shmee likes this.
  7. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Love the glucose number. :joyful: Neko fought her regular vet like a demon. It never impacted her BG, just her BP.

Good to hear your vet was "back". We all have off days. Too bad he got creative on the IAA test. Yes, there is no cure but time, but it can impact dosing decisions. Sigh. MSU runs the acro test on just one day a week, I think it's Wednesdays. So you wouldn't hear until week end at the earliest. Maybe later with the long weekend.

Vines for all the various medical appointments for all of you.

8. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Sending vines for all of you. Sorry I can't help with interpreting the labs.

:bighug::bighug::bighug:

9. Olive & Paula

Its what Dr D said back in february. Let her get settled (was only here 6 days), get the glucose down, and regular meals in her. She will come around. In a couple of months if repeat lab is same or worse, start looking at other things. But I didn't listen and pushed for tests. She was so uncomfortable and really looked sick. Now that she is feeling better she is trying to assert her dominance to be alpha cat.

tiffmaxee likes this.
  10. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

Glad the liver value came down! I hope you are able to get the IAA test done, but I agree, I wouldn’t take her in just for that, bummer it didn’t work out the first time. It gives me a chuckle that she’s an alpha cat now! What a long way Miss Olive has come with your care that she’s now confident to assert her dominance on the others cats! :p :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.