5/23/2018 PHOEBES AMPS 130 +3 69 +4.5 52 +5.5 51 +6.5 64 +7.5 81 Pmps 134 +2 125

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Phoebes (GA), May 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phoebes (GA)

Phoebes (GA) Well-Known Member

Yesterday
    http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...-amps-180-2-5-109-5-68-pmps-92-1-5-90.195945/

Is it too much to hope my girl will go OTJ? I never even thought it would be possible a year ago and 50 units a day. Now we are at 4units a day and she's acting like she wants less. Unbelievable to us, but now we are holding our breath and praying. Is it possible?! Hope everyone is having a great day. Head bumps and scritches to all.
    Miss P is acting good this am. Just like a cat should. But...her unsteady eating habits are making her thin again. Should we think of maybe higher calorie food, if she'll eat it? She eats strickly FF classics no fish, when she does eat. But she seems to be getting a little on thin side.

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

It's never too late to hope for OTJ. I'm glad she is acting good today. It can't hurt to try higher calorie food, just make good notes in case is affects her BG.

Phoebes (GA) likes this.
  3. Phoebes (GA)

+4.5 1 tsp of hc/lc

4. Phoebes (GA)

+5.5 51 1 tsp of hc

5. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Pull up Phoebe. That's low enough. :eek: It wouldn't hurt to try some higher calorie food, maybe kitten food?

When was the last time she had blood work?

6. Phoebes (GA)

Holy moly it's been over a year. Guess I better get on that. :)

7. Phoebes (GA)

Do you suggest any certain kind? We can get ff kitten food but thought it was high carb.

8. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Part of the reason I asked about bloodwork is because I didn't know how her kidneys are. Wellness used to be good low carb, high calorie but their new formula is higher phosphorus so jot as good for kidney kitties. Acromegaly is hard on kidneys. I didn't need to look for higher calorie until Neko had CKD, so that's all the ones I know.

9. Phoebes (GA)

They were good last time, but I know alot can change in a year. We will get right on that. Wow time has flown. She did have labs done with that last episode, but didn't get copy so will see about that too. Ty

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.