5/23 Disco AMPS 273/+2.75 198/+10.25 75/+10.75 51/+11.25 66/PMPS 51/+1.5 88/+4.5 128/+6.5 154

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Teri & Disco NoFurNo (GA), May 23, 2020.

1. Teri & Disco NoFurNo (GA)

Teri & Disco NoFurNo (GA) Well-Known Member

Yesterday 5/22:http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...-pmps-53-1-88-3-92-6-199.229920/#post-2573938

Another nice day for Disco yesterday... I hate to jinx it but I did email his doctor with an update yesterday.

I read a little bit more about the Dawn Phenomenon. I had stopped feeding Disco his spot test snacks as he has put on 1&1/2 pounds in the past 3 months and didn’t notice a big difference in his numbers but I’ve yet to print off his SS as I haven’t set up my “office” yet so I’m sure I’ve missed trends! I fed him a MC snack at the PM +6 but slept through my +9 alarm so don’t know if it helped avoid a pink BG.

Today’s Daily Disco photo is all three of my kitties sharing a sun puddle. I love how the sunlight makes their ears look like seashells.

Attached Files:

LindyNova and Sarah and Blaze like this.
  2. Alicia & Kit cat

Alicia & Kit cat Well-Known Member

When I had Kit on a fat zero dose - she was getting a mix of 1-3% carbs and 9% carbs - she would get a tbsp of the 9% carbs as a snack at +8, and it seemed to make her preshot values better. once I dropped down to 1 drop, I've found that she only needs the 1-3% and her afternoon snack needs to be at +9, but if I keep her early morning snack at +8, her numbers are better. It's all so weird and slight changes affect things.

3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Love the picture. Nice blues today.

4. Sarah and Blaze

Sarah and Blaze Well-Known Member

Cute picture of your kitties sharing the sliver of sun! :joyful:

5. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

The +8 to +9 snack only works to lower blood sugars on kitties that are on very tiny doses and very close to remission. The late night snack for Disco is to try to prevent him nose diving into dangerous numbers for preshot, which he likes to do. :rolleyes: I thought Disco was looking a little "chunky". Can't use the phrase "fluffy" with him. :p