5/25/18 Olive 208; +3=159; +6=71; +9=163; PMPS 325; +4=222 IGF1

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Olive & Paula, May 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Yesterday

Think I found the key to lower PS and staying in decent numbers DON'T FEED THEM. Lol. Olive didn't eat her +6 or +8 last night and we have no pinks, of course no greens either.

Yesterday I fed @ +2 to slow drop any drop since I wasn't home, did same thing for PM cycle, it seemed to work. Will do same thing today as I will be out this morning. Going to new pet store, she has Trips VE in. It's been out of stock everywhere for over a month. The plant is relocating to larger facilities because of "shocking expansion", so they are behind on producing and shipping.

Yesterday I had asked this post #5 in yesterday's condo. (Can't seem to link it) asking again hoping for opinions or ]2 days in a row with no rain, hope to dry out some.

Happy Friday to all.

Last edited: May 25, 2018
  2. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Hey Paula, I tried to open link and nothing comes up, don’t know if it’s my iPad, just wanted to give you a heads up in case

3. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

I hope Olive shows you some green today! BTW in her ss there are some blue numbers showing in pink.
    I have no experience with high dose kitties.

4. Olive & Paula

Thanks, I remove it, can't seem to get it to work.

5. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

You can try the .25 increase/ decreases. Also looks like feeding her early to avoid big drops is beneficial and might help stop or lessen the bouncing.

6. Olive & Paula

Not again. Marje created a whole new sheet from scratch because she couldn't figure out why it was happening the last time. Again on my pc and phone it's perfect. Don't know what happens to it from Google drive to fdmb.

Judy and Boomer likes this.
  7. Doodles & Karen

It looks fine on my end.

8. Olive & Paula

Hey, you've been busy. Increases not sure of yet but decreases I think she needs to be slower or so it appears. Going to give this dose a few more cycles and see what happens.

9. Judy and Boomer

Well that's odd. When I look at the ss right away I see two numbers, 152 3 nights ago and 113 last night that are pink!

10. Doodles & Karen

Entertaining and 18yr old girl is exhausting :p:p I dropped her off yesterday afternoon at her God Fathers for the rest of the weekend :joyful::joyful:

11. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Olive slides down and surfs safely today.

12. Olive & Paula

Introduce her to 18 yr male. Problem solved. :woot:

Doodles & Karen likes this.
  13. Olive & Paula

IDK Judy. If Marje can't figure it out and it keeps happening even when new ss from scratch are done, it has to be a program issue. Or device incompatibility. It's the only thing I can think of.

14. Olive & Paula

Those are ones I have to manually color because they are @ + times. Maybe that's the problem, don't know how to fix that. Maybe I shouldn't fill in color.

15. Olive & Paula

Off to get civvies food. And any other that catches my eye.

16. Judy and Boomer

Strange though that Karen would get the right colour and I would get the wrong one? idk lol
    When I am doing those half hour tests, because I'm in Canada and using the "world" instead of the "US" ss, I have to plug the number into the world, make note of the US #, then manually enter into both spreadsheets and then manually colour them as well. sigh. It is what it is but now I tend to not put all the tests in the ss

17. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Color on ss looks good to me.

I used to feed the curve for Max and it did level him out eventually and stop the bounces. Unless he dropped low and needed intervention I stopped feeding by +5-6.

18. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

But to me they are a different pink than the normal pink. As if what Paula chose in the paintbox is a blue on her side but a lighter pink on our side.

Here's the link to yesterday's post #5.

It's possible she went a little lower on the night of the 23rd. I'd wait out any bounce before deciding if the dose needed to be changed. It probably does, cause no good dose has that much pink in it. If all you continue to see is 90's or above, I'd go up by 0.5 units. Below that, you could tweak it by 0.25 units.

Please send rain - forest fires have started in the interior of BC. :( Of course, other parts of the province are recovering from floods. :rolleyes:

19. Olive & Paula

I thought when you entered the world it automatically populated the US ss. If not ask Marje, it should link. She's away now but maybe when she's back, she can fix it.

20. Judy and Boomer

Yes it does but if I put, for example, @3.5 4.0 then I have to manually populate the US side and colour both of the spreadsheets.

Kris & Teasel likes this.
  21. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Me too.

22. Olive & Paula

23. Olive & Paula

Just got call from vet. IGF is 389. He said it's high but not Acromegaly high. What does that mean. I will pick up hard copy next week. He also said since cushings was negative and this isn't acro high >1000 then she definitely insulin resistant.

24. Olive & Paula

I missed this post. Yes my pink is a shade lighter than normal as well as the blue and dark green. Those are the only 3 differences.

Sending rain spouts your way.

25. Doodles & Karen

I don’t believe you’re Vet is accurate with the values. 389 is Acro but @Wendy&Neko can clarity

26. Doodles & Karen

Did he send in for IAA too?

27. Wendy&Neko

:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Anything over 100 is positive for acromegaly if the test is done in the US. The actually number doesn't really mean much. Neko's IGF-1 was 440 and her tumour was tiny compared to some who had numbers in the 200's. The >1000 is the UK units for tests done at the Royal Veterinary Clinic, sort of like our World vs. US BG numbers. It's a different measuring system. Since the RVC has written a lot of the recent papers, your vet may have seen the positive over 1000.

Floyd was also positive today. :(

Doodles & Karen likes this.
  28. Wendy&Neko

Most important, Olive is still the same sweet girl (who wants to be boss), that she was yesterday. She hasn't changed with the diagnosis. Give her a kiss from me. :kiss:

But now you understand why she needs a bit more juice and that the dose may go up and down as the tumour waxes and wanes. And with a diagnosis, you can decide if you want to think about treatments, such as cabergoline or SRT. Thankfully you already have a baseline echo on her heart and are a great momma bean. :bighug:

Olive & Paula and Stacy & Asia like this.
  29. Olive & Paula

No. Still pissed about that.

30. Olive & Paula

Oh Floyd also, I have to go to his condo. Another was waiting for results too, I have to go find that one.

I find my vet confusing lately. He said the range was 12-92. Yet with 389 she's normal????? I don't think he would start cabergoline, I can't afford SRT. He insists she's normal.

31. Wendy&Neko

Someone else, might have been Paul @Bronx's dad had that same fight with his vet. It should say right on the results from MSU what the range is. MSU measures in nmol/L, UK (RVC) where the range is over 1000, measures in ng/ml.

32. Olive & Paula

I will get hard copy next week. He told me range was 12-92. If that's so, she is positive regardless what he says.

Other person is Ana & Frosty.

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  33. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

I think @Pamela & Amethyst had a vet that wouldn’t prescribe cabergoline and she found another vet that would. You can keep your vet for the things you like and find another vet maybe for the acro stuff? It seems like a good plan. Wouldn’t it be nice to have one vet for everything, but what can you do. Or perhaps you could see an IM that deals with acro and can prescribe cabergoline if you decide to go that route.

Olive is one lucky cat to have landed in your house! I’m glad you have the information to continue helping her and making her feel better. You’re an awesome bean, Paula! :)

Olive & Paula likes this.
  34. Chubba (GA)

Chubba (GA) Well-Known Member

If you got the test done at MSU, it will say on the bottom something about the test supporting a diagnosis of acro. At least ours did both times we had Gizmo tested. Hopefully with that ammo you can convince your vet to treat.

35. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

Nope, it wasn't me. Might have been @Adrian and Chino?

Wendy&Neko likes this.
  36. Olive & Paula

@Ana and Frosty

I will call around on Tuesday. Got results to late to call today and it's a holiday weekend. I have a few I can call but it's been hard enough finding a good one for FD. People here are not cat people. I know the one ER isn't well versed on FD as I asked how they treated it when I had Smokey. Was not pleased at all. The IM who did Olive's us was shocked at her dose back then. When I mentioned I heard of a few getting 60+ units twice a day he was appalled a doctor would order that much. So I ended that discussion quickly.

37. Carol & Murphy (GA)

Carol & Murphy (GA) Well-Known Member

Olive sure is lucky to have Paula as her Mommy. I hope you can get this straightened out. :bighug::bighug:

38. Ana & Frosty (GA)

Ana & Frosty (GA) Well-Known Member

Ugh, I’m sorry the vets over there aren’t familiar with these conditions. It’s surprising about diabetes since it’s so common, but it is what it is... where do you live if you don’t mind me asking?
    I guess I’m spoiled living in nj and close to nyc. I was even thinking I could take frosty to a vet endocrinologist if I really didn’t feel confident in the IM vet. Not sure what that would have cost me but I guess we r lucky in this area to have these options.

On the flip side, traffic here sucks, haha. Let us know what happens! And one weekend won’t make a difference so don’t worry about it til next week - enjoy Memorial Day! Looks like Frosty and I will be in limbo for a total of 2 weeks. What can u do.

39. Olive & Paula

I'm in the Poconos. I lived in central nj most my life. RT 18. Took over an hour to go 16 miles to work. Don't miss it at all. Not one sinus infection since I left 9 yrs ago.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.