5/25 - 5/26. TiTi's eating well, pooping well, energetic, BUT hyuge vounces.

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Kathy and TiTi, May 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kathy and TiTi

Kathy and TiTi Well-Known Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/5-24-titi-eating-a-lot-major-poopout-pink-numbers.196033/

I somehow deregulated her. She's going from mid-greens to mid-reds. And who knows how low she's going at night or when I can't test her.

The census job is finally nailed down and my scoring kids' papers jobs is rolling along, so I might start getting enough sleep to always get her before-bed tests.

I hope TiTi can go without sub-qs for the 4 days of training in Denver when I can't give her any. My vet tech can do al the other stuff though. I think I'm going to set up both a day feeder and a night feeder, because TiTI is used to snacking during the day, and I think many small meals serve her best.

Still don't know what to do with the 2 dogs. Usually they spend my away time outside in their quarter acre fenced in area, which has dens (dog igloos), and so on. But now that I have cats and kittens coming to my doors for food, I don't think that's safe. It's just one Persiany looking puss with a bad cough that I worry about. She hangs out in the dogs' area when they are not there, and so.... I might just set up a special area for her inside my house away from my healthy cats and then release her when I come back and the dogs are only outside a few hours a day. In this heat; that's enough frisking. However, maybe I can keep her until her cough is medicated and healed.

Dunno.

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

If you can't test at night and she's getting low greens during the day and bouncing, chances are she could be going even lower at night. I might reduce for safety.

When do you leave for Denver?

3. Kathy and TiTi

June 25th. flight home on June 30th.

4. Kathy and TiTi

If I didn't have to take this job, I'd stay home with TiTi. But I must take it.

5. Wendy&Neko

You have plenty of time yet. Make sure and ask for idea on a dose for the petsitter to give while you are gone.

6. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

I'm glad you got the job, even though it will be very tough for you to leave TiTi (and your other critters). Will she eat food that's got extra water in it? If so, have the sitter add water to help make up for no fluids while you're gone.

7. Kathy and TiTi

Would it be easier on TITI to travel by car with one stopover?

8. Kathy and TiTi

I'm hoping the thyroid meds kick in, so that TiTI's got more weight on her. I'm wondering if I can manage a rental, will a car trip be better for her?

9. Wendy&Neko

You have to answer the question about Titi and the car ride. You know her best. Some cats freak out in the car.

10. Kathy and TiTi

TiTi just hunkers down. Some cats are more attached to their homes, some are more attached to their caretaker. I honestly don't know which cat TiTi is. A lot depends on how well she's doing. But by the time the thyroid meds kick in, 3 weeks from now, it'll be too late to change plans.

11. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

Maybe an ad in local paper for a college student to house sit? Maybe one in training to be a vet or vet tech?

12. Kathy and TiTi

I think my vet tech might still be living at home. Wonder what she'd charge to spend those 5 nights at my home. I'm very close to her veterinary clinic where she works. Worth a try.

13. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.