? 5/26/18/Ravan/+5 300/+9 351/pmps325/+5 330/+8 397/

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by JoyBee&Ravan, May 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

2. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Not if following SLGS.

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  4. JoyBee&Ravan

Last edited: May 26, 2018
    Reason for edit: add
  5. Judy and Boomer

Have you decided to stick with SLGS?

6. JoyBee&Ravan

@Judy and Boomer
    Is there some reason I often do not get my question answered?

I'm not sure yet what I'm going to do.

Ravan had 3 reductions ( like with TR) within 1 week & this is the result.

So it seems that if I had waited a bit longer he might have stayed in the blue & green.

The reductions one right after the other appears to have screwed up something!

Last edited: May 26, 2018
    Judy and Boomer likes this.
  7. Judy and Boomer

Yes I agree it was probably the 3 quick reductions that did it. However you were following the SLGS protocol and did the right thing by reducing his doses

If you're still following SLGS, I believe you wait a week until increasing the dose back up by .25. SLGS doesn't really cover failed reductions in the protocol.

Maybe read through the TR and SLGS protocols and see if you want to change over to TR. You are home with Ravan and test enough to do TR.

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  8. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Not sure what you mean? Do you mean, do bounces take as long as five days to resolve? Yes, but it's not common.

If you stick to SLGS, you do reductions if they go under 90 and hold a week after that, unless they go under 90 again. The week is for safety reasons. A lot of people following SLGS don't test as much as you do. If you are following TR, you don't reduce until they go under 50, but you do have the concept of a failed reduction that allows you to increase sooner if the reduction fails. You can't mix and match the two dosing methods. And you have to pick one and decide what suits you. Your signature says SLGS, so that is how I am answering dosing questions.

Judy and Boomer and JoyBee&Ravan like this.
  9. JoyBee&Ravan

@Judy and Boomer

Wait a week for safety reasons? What makes it unsafe to not wait?

Last edited: May 27, 2018
  10. JoyBee&Ravan

@Judy and Boomer

His bg is getting worse. I want to increase back to 1 unit. How is that "Unsafe" to do it now & not wait another 2 days?

It seems that the 3 decreases he had in one week caused his bg to jump higher. This doesn't look like a bounce.

If I go to TR that method does increases & decreases even more frequently. It's confusing to me how that could be any better?

Last edited: May 27, 2018
    Reason for edit: add
  11. Judy and Boomer

The SLGS method is really for people who are away from home all day and cannot test....so it keeps their kitties at higher levels for safety. The TR method generally tries to keep kitties at lower levels; lower levels allow the pancreas to heal (which makes remission a possibility although definitely not a certainty).

"Wait a week for safety reasons? What makes it unsafe to not wait?" Since SLGS is generally for people who cannot test a lot, it is to allow for enough tests to make sure that the kitty isn't actually going lower at some point....so 7 days of tests which may only be done 2 times a day.

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.