5/26 MOUSE AMPS 260, +5 246 PMPS 180, +2 159 glucose toxicity

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Mouse & Me, May 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mouse & Me

Mouse & Me Member

2. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Just thought I'd mention that the 43 yesterday means Mouse's dose should be reduced.

Also, you have both today and yesterday with 5/25 as the date on your spreadsheet.

3. Mouse & Me

Mouse & Me Member

Someone said that was the 2.75 still in effect when she hit the 43.
    If I do a reduction, I usually do it in the morning. Wait....is that all wrong?
    I've been finding out what I've been doing wrong-quite a bit of it, and making the corrections.
    I saw your note after I gave her the 2.5. Should she still get a reduction, or hold at 2.5?

Today, it's been small snacks instead of meal at shot times.
    I was doing meals three times a day, one at each shot time, and 1/2 a fancy feast pate can (that's all she can handle), when I go to bed. She has autofeeder freeze dried homemade kibble - it's actually fancy feast pate, turkey & giblet, gone through a freeze dryer. They get just a few tiny pieces for each slot in the feeder.

4. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

With regard to reductions, in general, you reduce the dose at the next shot time. However, many cats will bounce to the moon after a drop into dose reduction territory. An option is to hold the dose for one additional cycle and then reduce. Ostensibly, by holding the dose for the one cycle, you are offsetting the bounce.

What can complicate the issue is the one shot at 2.75u on 5/24. Personally, I doubt it had that much of an effect on the depot since it was only one dose. At this point, I'd probably hold your current dose but be vigilant. Keep a close eye on Mouse's numbers -- if this is too high of a dose, you kitty will let you know, possibly in a dramatic way.

5. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Mouse looks like my Tux. I must say very handsome.

6. Mouse & Me

Mouse & Me Member

Then, the reduction should have taken place on 5/25, in the evening?
    Just making notes for the future

7. Mouse & Me

Mouse & Me Member

She's flufflier in the mane than her brother who is also black & white, and three times her size. He's odd when you see him walk away from you - one leg white, the other black, only from behind.

Olive & Paula likes this.
  8. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Yes!

9. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

That's because Mouse is a long term diabetic, and the reduction point moves to under 40.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.