5/29/18 Olive AMPS 250; +6.5=67; PMPS 273; +2=246; +5=67; +9.5=200

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Olive & Paula, May 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Yesterday

Is it possible we've eradicated the PS pinks!!!!! :woot:. Today I will call a few other vets to get their view on things.

PJ is happily playing with the vertical blinds this morning. She is such a dork. But an adorable dork.

2. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

haha I think I called Boomer a dork the other night when he insists on laying in a box that is only big enough for half a Boomer.
    I hope Olive shows you some blues and greens today!

3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Olive heads down and surfs. Glad to hear PJ is being playful.

4. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

Nice cycles yesterday and good job with a visit to the lagoon Olive. I use to say "a day without pink" is a good day :) Vertical blinds are of course a toy of choice...have fun PJ.

5. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

Paws crossed for continued banishment of the pink AMPS! :) What do you think did it? Did you try some food finagling?

6. Olive & Paula

@Stacy & Asia

Stacy, I think it's combination of things. First and foremost is that the insulin is working very well for her. Next, I did change up her food schedule. She gets fed at shot time, snacks at +2, and +3 to slow down the fast drops, normal meal +6, snack +9. Lately she has not been eating the PM +9. 3rd the pancreas is starting to heal. That might be the Pancreas Booster helping. Since vet did substandard test really don't know if she had pancreatitis or inflammation.

Probably most important is that when I waiver between increase, decrease or not understand whatever blip she's throwing at me I listen to @Wendy&Neko , @Doodles & Karen , @Chris & China , @Kris & Teasel @Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) and you (hope I didn't leave anyone out) and follow suggested info.

Olive has handled the warp speed protocol, multi diagnostic tests, total change in lifestyle with dignity (except for last vet visit) and no side effects. I could not be more thankful for all the support and hugs from every person here as we continue on our marathon.

Kris & Teasel and Stacy & Asia like this.
  7. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

That’s awesome, I’m glad moving the food times around gave her a hand and Lev absolutely looks like a better fit for her. I wish I had that luxury with Asia at least to not feed her after nadir, but it is what it is. I’m glad Olive listens to all of her auntie beans! Asia sometimes does too! ;)

Tell me more about this pancreas booster, do you think it really helps? Have you had it work for other cats or seen it work here in other cats? My vet never mentioned one and I didn’t know there was any real pancreas support with any efficacy behind it, but Asia should probably be on one if they work!

8. Olive & Paula

A few people here use the booster. Bobbie & Bubba, jayla n devon I think was the 1st person to post on it. There is another supplement that compliments it but it states to use the one when cat is regulated and Olive just isn't regulated yet, hopefully real soon now. To know if it helps who knows. Where would she be if not getting it, who knows. But I like to think it is helping. It certainly not hurting. The vet gave us some hepatic support because of liver values. But they have improved without the liver support although I started it now.

https://www.holisticpetinfo.com/Pan...MI5L71jtKr2wIVQ1SGCh17wQnIEAQYBSABEgK7PPD_BwE

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  9. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

Slowing the drops with early feedings certainly can help. When in question just remember...the cat is in charge especially if there are other issues at play ;)

Olive & Paula likes this.
  10. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

As Olive is an acrocat, it's entirely likely her pancreas is working already, or mostly working. I doubt the booster is doing much if anything for her. Acros are diabetic because the growth hormone causes extra IGF-1 to be produced in the liver, and the IGF-1 competes with the bodies insulin to prevent the sugars getting into the cells.

The not eating at +9 is more likely to be the reason for lower preshots. Carbs eaten after nadir, and Olive's nadir seems to be earlier in the cycle than +9, puts the brakes on the insulin action. That shortens duration and causes numbers to zoom up in the back half of the cycle.

11. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Good job get to the lagoon today Olive!

12. Olive & Paula

So I should not feed after +6? I don't know if she will go that long without eating.

13. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Just make sure you feed the lowest carb food after nadir. Neko would have chewed my arm off if I didn't give a +9 snack during the day.

14. Olive & Paula

Phew! She gets nothing over 3% unless it's for boosting. She hasn't been eating +9 actually +8 now but it's there if she wants it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.