5/29 Floyd AMPS Hi, +6 186, +8 161, +10 300, 1u R @+10.5, PMPS 324

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Janine & Floyd (GA), May 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Janine & Floyd (GA)

Janine & Floyd (GA) Member

Last condo

We're back home! Got in last night at 12:15 am. Floyd did great on the way home, only a few meows.

Highlights of our weekend:
    5/27 He realized there is high carb kibble across the hall from the bedroom we were keeping him and had a kibble raid. Only went up to pink at PMPS, so must not have gotten too much, phew! But.... he jumped and got a fur shot! GRRRR!
    5/28 Raided the kibble again when DH left the door open, but not sure how much it affected things as he was still so high anyway.

Had a nice blue last night right after we got home, so bounced again......

Overall, a great weekend with my family and neither Floyd or my mom's cat, Sam, seemed to care that there was a strange cat in the other room.

Focus now on acromegaly treatment plan and looking at feeding some carbs to prevent dive-bombing at onset.

2. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Too bad on the kibble raid hope he comes back down for you soon.

Janine & Floyd (GA) likes this.
  3. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Glad you are safely home, and survived the kibble raids. No difference between human kids in the cookie jar and kids in the fur suits sneaking kibble. They keep life interesting.:)

4. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

Sneaky Floyd! Sounds like you need a kibble lock box. :joyful:

Glad he behaved over the weekend for you. Vines for a clear and confident acro plan of attack. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

5. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I'm glad you had a good time with the family, even if Floyd had more fun that he should have. :rolleyes:

Watching the R experiment with interest. Typically we have an R scale where we'll give less R at a lower number, but Floyd does like to strap on the rocket boosters so this could be what he needs.

I guess you are still waiting on the IAA results? Back in our day, they came sooner than the IGF-1 results.

6. Janine & Floyd (GA)

Results on the IAA just came back today. 2%, so negative. At least that's one less thing to worry about.

Less R? Floyd is laughing. ;)

Kris & Teasel and Stacy & Asia like this.
  7. Stacy & Asia

I had an interesting R experiment the other day. Gave 2 drops for a 500, all told she zoomed down over 300 points, was fully anticipating the bounce, but it didn’t happen much to my shock. I’ve given more than that for lesser numbers and it hasn’t done as much or as dramatically. It’s strange stuff, that R, especially combined with the L, but it sure does come in handy.

8. Stacy & Asia

Hooray for that! Only one high dose condition in the mix! Woohoo! :)

9. Wendy&Neko

Thank goodness for no IAA. It's a complication you don't need in the mix. It can be more challenging using R with IAA randomly holding and releasing injected insulin.:eek:

10. Janine & Floyd (GA)

I don't need any more surprises with Floyd, that's for sure!

11. Wendy&Neko

Feel free to ask questions or pose ideas as you investigate treatment options. Even though I had had suspicions before Neko's tests came back positive, I remember going into overdrive when I got the confirmation. There is a lot of collective experience here and maybe we can save you some time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.