5/29 Loudogg AMPS 259 +8 305 PMPS 307 - 1.4 Ketones on NovaMax down to 1.2 at PMPS

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Amanda and a Loudogg, May 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amanda and a Loudogg

Amanda and a Loudogg Well-Known Member

May 28, 2018 Condo

Good morning everyone!
    Today is my first day back at work since switching my buddy Lou to glargine. I've advised my husband he will need to check him a couple of times today. He is getting better at checking Lou's BGs - less failed attempts and on Saturday he did it himself without me asking! (Huzzah!!!) Lou's ketones are at 1.4 this morning, and I very much hope they continue to go down!

I hope you and your kitties have a wonderful day today!

2. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Cat are vulnerable to throwing ketones when switching insulin. I'm glad you're watching for them. Continue testing. If you see an upwards trend we'll likely suggest increasing the dose sooner than later.

You're so lucky DH will test!

3. Amanda and a Loudogg

Amanda and a Loudogg Well-Known Member

That's good to know! Thanks for the info Jill, I was wondering why they seemed to come out of nowhere. Thankfully the ketones have gone down to 1.2 tonight... now I just wish the BGs would do the same. :( I am! Even though I kind of forced him into it. It's extra hard for him because of his bad eyes, but he's doing it for us (me and Loudogg). I do love that man. :)

Kris & Teasel likes this.
  4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Good to see those ketones numbers come down. Now let's see the BG come down too Lou.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.