5/30/18/Ravan/+3 343/+6 250/pmps260/+5 286/+9 283

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by JoyBee&Ravan, May 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

Last edited: May 30, 2018
  2. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

I personally don’t think it’s a bounce, last blue was day before yesterday, let’s see what he does today, I’m sure others will weigh in

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  3. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

I agree with @Bellasmom, let's see what he does today.

4. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Have you tested anymore today after +3?

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  5. JoyBee&Ravan

@Wendy&Neko
    Sharon14

Please look at Ravan's SS & let me know what you think. Is Ravan coming down from a bounce because he dropped into blue?

Should I wait a few more days to increase dose?

Last edited: May 30, 2018
    Reason for edit: add
  6. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I would hold the dose for tonight. If you don't see any green by the morning, then on TR you could increase.

Cats don't bounce from an increase. They bounce from going lower than they are used to, or from fast drops in blood sugar.

If you are looking for dose suggestions, it's better to modify your subject line and add "dose advice" to the title. Tagging people isn't as effective. People you tag may not be on board when you need them, or have time to respond.

JoyBee&Ravan and Judy and Boomer like this.
  7. JoyBee&Ravan

@Wendy&Neko

The day after the increase he dropped from 369 to 187. Isn't that going lower than he's used to & a fast drop in blood sugar?

I think I'm still confused about what causes a bounce.

8. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Good morning JoyBee!
    A bounce happens after a kitty drops lower than normal or has a quick drop. Yes the drop from 369 to 187 could have set off a bounce but to me it really doesn't look like he bounced......I know when Boomer bounces he goes up quickly then comes down just as quickly.
    Unless you saw a green last night (that perhaps hasn't been recorded in the ss yet) I would increase by .25u this morning. You want to try to avoid Ravan getting used to yellow and pink numbers because, once they get used to it, it's harder to get them out of it (called glucose toxicity).

JoyBee&Ravan and Bellasmom like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.