5/30 Loudogg AMPS 249 +3 267 +6 275 +9 311 PMPS 335 +3 321 - Ketones back up to 1.1.

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Amanda and a Loudogg, May 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amanda and a Loudogg

Amanda and a Loudogg Well-Known Member

May 29, 2018 Condo

Good morning everyone!
    I am so excited to report that Lou's ketones have gone down to 0.7 this morning! He is normally at 0.5-0.6, so I'm counting this as a win! I think I'll check again tonight to make sure they hold. If so, would you go back to weekly checks or would you go to once daily checks for a few more days?

I know it's still early, but I'm concerned about the lack of blues I'm seeing. I had seen a blue PS so early after the switch, and I'm concerned that now he seems disinclined to show any more (in fact the pinks yesterday are extra disheartening). I know I'm supposed to have my patience pants on, but I'm looking ahead to the increase I'm sure we'll need. I'm hoping to see something positive today, as I'm home to test.

I hope all of your kitties have a great day and aren't too hungover from the party last night!! Lou seems a bit more hungry and is currently sleeping it off. :cat:

Tracey&Jones (GA) likes this.
  2. Amanda and a Loudogg

Okay seriously. He's literally doing nothing but staying steady before increasing. I'm using the SLGS method only because we still have some dry food (YAZ) left. According to the sticky, I'm supposed to hold this dose for a week, which means the earliest I can do a full curve and dosecrease is Saturday. He's spent so much time in high numbers (even prior to the switch), and with his recent increase in ketones, I'm extra leery of spending 6 more cycles at a dose that's not working (which isn't surprising considering he was up to 3.75u on Vetsulin with me thinking about increasing him to 4.0u). Can someone take a look at Lou's spreadsheet and see if everything looks normal? Is this what it looks like for a kitty who's depot is full?

ETA: I know I'm supposed to keep my patience pants on and logically I know I can't rush things. Unfortunately, it seems my patience pants have completely evaporated today (for everything it seems :arghh:). So I figure it's worth asking if there is absolutely any way to speed things up. I've got nothing to lose at this point. :oops:

Last edited: May 30, 2018
    Reason for edit: Clarification.
  3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Looks like he's doing a little bounce today, from however low he went last night. That was the sixth cycle at that dose, and would have been a good one to get an additional test.

Good to see those ketones coming down!

4. Amanda and a Loudogg

That honestly surprises me. He doesn't generally drop really low like that, and I had no indication from previous behavior that he would drop low enough to bounce from a 300 preshot. Regardless and unfortunately for me, I was exhausted and falling asleep on the couch last night. I was in bed by +3, so no test. He generally clears his bounces really quickly thankfully.

Unfortunately, his ketones are back up to 1.1 tonight. I just can't win for losing....

5. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

FYI, on Lantus, even a +2 or +3 test can tell us a lot about how a cycle is going. You don't have to stay up all hours.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.