5/31 Floyd AMPS 327, +4 87, +4.5 66, +5 49, +7 110, +8 172, +9 341, +11 355, PMPS 497

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Janine & Floyd (GA), May 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Janine & Floyd (GA)

Janine & Floyd (GA) Member

Yesterday

So the R is helping- 2 days in a row with no bounce. Paws crossed we can keep it going! Yesterday we saw a 100 point drop, but I wish the duration was longer! I think I'll stick with 1 u if I can get it in on a pink or yellow, but go up if I don't catch it until a red/black.

Let's see where today takes us.

2. Janine & Floyd (GA)

@Wendy&Neko -any thoughts on when to increase next? Between the furshot a few days ago and the reduced dose yesterday, I don't know if it's time to increase tonight or wait few more cycles?

3. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Ok Floyd it's time to work the program.

Janine & Floyd (GA) likes this.
  4. Janine & Floyd (GA)

Trying 8% carbs at +3 to see if helps with dropping too low to fast and causing a bounce today.

5. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

You need to wait six consecutive cycles. Any furshot or reduced shot restarts the cycle count. You had 4 cycles after the fur shot, before the reduced dose. Now it's cycle 2 after the reduced dose. And I see Floyd is responding the threat of an increase. :D

Slow down Floyd! A little more carbs please he says.

6. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

Floyd is telling you he doesn't want that increase!

7. Janine & Floyd (GA)

If he keeps going down, I'll break out the HC. Silly cat!

8. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

You know what they are going to do lol

9. Janine & Floyd (GA)

He's coming up, so now I wait for the bounce, R in hand.....

I also have a question for those who follow the saga that is Floyd. I have noted on his SS the days I bring to work with me by shading the dates in light orange to try and see if there is any pattern of higher numbers on those days. He seems very relaxed, but that is not always an indicator that stress is not affecting the numbers.

My dilemma is that if I leave him home, I am constantly calling/texting to see what his numbers are, people forgot to test, more testing is needed because he went lower, etc. On Tuesday his insulin was late as I didn't specifically right down to give it. So technically my fault, but I thought DH would at least call me and ask. Grr. But if I take him in, am I raising his numbers and skewing the data too much?

Any thoughts?

10. Wendy&Neko

There are days when he's at home where he's high too. Not sure if there's a correlation yet. Neko used to sometimes dive at the vet so not all cats get high BG from the trip. And Floyd sees you there, which should help. Just keep tracking when he goes into work with you. On May 8th he saw green at work.

11. Janine & Floyd (GA)

I'll keep tracking it and see if any patterns emerge. He's just so laid back, I find it hard to believe it's a huge difference. Also, home is not always stress-free, as we have a very active 4 year-old boy and a 12 year boy who LOVE Floyd a little too much at times, plus 2 large barky droolers. LOL. Our clinic is small and not busy or loud with barking dogs all over.

12. Wendy&Neko

One of the reasons I chose my current clinic.

13. Janine & Floyd (GA)

Jet pack strapped on! R on board so hopefully it slows him down a bit. He's coming to karate today. Ninja cat. Lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.