? 5/6/17 Sprocket,AMPS/237, +2.4/248.+4.75/200.PMPS/231,+2.75/278,+4.75/252.Why no drop?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Darnell & Sprocket (GA), May 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darnell & Sprocket (GA)

Darnell & Sprocket (GA) Well-Known Member

2. Darnell & Sprocket (GA)

Ok so far 248 at +2.4
    Why not dropping into 100s this time? He did with 3.5 dose.??
    Dont get why not. 7th cycle now

3. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

No drop yesterday AM either. You can't focus on individual numbers too closely because it can be almost impossible to explain each one. Nice AMPS though. However, it looks like you could try 4 u now.

4. Darnell & Sprocket (GA)

But i worry cause he hasnt done a drop with this dose

5. Darnell & Sprocket (GA)

Seriously. Why is he not dropping?
    I worry about going up now.
    Monday am I have a double burial for family so I can increase monday pm. Not sure how long it will take him to drop with another increase.
    Worried

6. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

He's been surfing in yellow. I read on here that some people think this can be a sign of a drop to come. Leave him at this dose for another cycle at least to see what happens.

7. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

His numbers are looking better than those pinks he used to like.:) Now, just work on more blues :cool:

8. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I agree he is due for an increase, but it's OK to wait if you need to.

Remember that insulin is a hormone, not a drug. It's not like adding a bit more always shows a corresponding improvement. You just have to keep increasing until you get to the dose they need. Try not to over analyze each cycle's numbers. Absorption can vary from shot to shot and then there is the cat factor, they do like to be unpredictable. :cat:

9. Darnell & Sprocket (GA)

Its just so difficult not to know when and if he will drop hard. In past he has dropped 200 pta within 3-4hours so if he starts under 250 that doesnt leave much.
    I had a few events that could not avoid.
    Last one is monday am so i will increase monday pm.
    Also just incase food is altering bgs gonna feed a little lower tomorrow n see what happens.

10. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

When they start lower, their cycles are generally flatter. Take a look at some of the posts of other cats that start under 200. Lantus is great at keeping lower numbers down.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.