5/9 MOUSE HELP PLEASE, AMPS 231, +4 186 , + 7 129 PMPS 56 +1 66, +2 85, +3 101 glucose toxicity

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Mouse & Me, May 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mouse & Me

Mouse & Me Member

2. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

Mouse, here's what's on the schedule for today: :cool::cool::cool: I hope that you will cooperate. :cat:

3. Mouse & Me

Mouse & Me Member

You got it....for one reading . Let's see if more are to follow

4. Stacy & Asia

5. Mouse & Me

Mouse & Me Member

THREE BLUE NUMBERS!
    3 pm = 143! 4:15 = 158!

Last edited: May 9, 2018
  6. Mouse & Me

Mouse & Me Member

OK, MOUSE is at 56 for PMPS. I fed her the usual dinner, but held off on the shot, until I get some advice. If I had held back the food, it could have caused stress. I can always give her a little more food IF I give a shot.

Do I shoot? If so, hold off for awhile?
    How much to shoot- the entire 2.5 units, or drop it down?

7. Mouse & Me

Mouse & Me Member

currently at 56 PMPS

What do I do?

8. Stacy & Asia

Reading your SS, be right back

9. Stacy & Asia

Typically if you are unsure about the shot number, the best thing to do is not feed and stall for 20 minutes or so to see if the number is on it’s way up or not.

Since you fed her, you can’t do that, but I’m guessing it may be a falling number based on the cycle and today’s test. Your options: shoot the full dose, delay the shot time by an hour or so (if you can get back on schedule tomorrow) to see if Mouse gets a higher number to shoot (but know that it will be food influenced), give a one time smaller dose, or skip the shot.

She’s had some green shots before and bounced right away, but if this is an active cycle, which I suspect it will be, she may be angling to go below 50 and it could be a long night for you. I think the best options are to shoot a lower dose or skip, but of course, it’s your call.

10. Mouse & Me

Mouse & Me Member

How low?
    On 4/18, I skipped the shot, which gave her high numbers late in the night.
    I figure, shoot low, but not sure how far to take it down

Last edited: May 9, 2018
  11. Stacy & Asia

For a dose? Whatever you feel comfortable with, know that because of the depot, it could not make an impact on this cycle, sometimes it will, sometimes it won’t. I know this is a little scary, but I’m excited for Mouse, it’s really looking like this glucose toxicity nonsense is going away! :)

Amanda & Shmee likes this.
  12. Stacy & Asia

You can also read your SS and see the previous effects of a partial dose or a skipped shot to help you decide. It’s a shootable number, of course and you could shoot the full dose, but you could be up for awhile.

13. Mouse & Me

Mouse & Me Member

Up all night is not an option. Late, ok, not all night.
    1init? 2unit?

14. Stacy & Asia

You know Mouse the best, your call. I could only tell you what works for my cat and our cats are very different. ;)

15. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Note that if you shoot a reduced dose, the 2.5 unit depot will make the cycle play out as if you had shot the full dose. Or at least the first part of the cycle will be. It's been 20 minutes since your last test. Even though food influenced, it would be interesting to see what the BG is now.

LuvinThisPig and Stacy & Asia like this.
  16. Mouse & Me

Mouse & Me Member

66 as of 8:53

17. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Good to know the drop is stopped, though it's food influenced. As Stacy said, Mouse tends to head straight up when you've shot green before. But who knows what she's got in mind tonight. Getting flat green cycles by shooting green are what'll help get her regulated. Only you can judge if you can take the risk if tonight is an active cycle.

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  18. Mouse & Me

Mouse & Me Member

If you see the trend to go straight up when she's bright green, that's when I used to give her some HC food. Bad, bad, bad. I don't do that unless she's below 40.

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  19. Amanda & Shmee

Amanda & Shmee Well-Known Member

Yay for greens :D Good luck tonight, surf safely Mouse!!

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  20. Stacy & Asia

She must be very carb sensitive, not really a bad thing, you know exactly how to bail her out if you need to. :cat:

Safe surfing, Mouse. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.